TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With these harsh and disturbing times, take a night; to turn off the lights and frenzied thoughts, and travel into the calming natural world.
It is just what the Doctor ordered. ๐Ÿ˜Œ

1610432627404.jpeg

With these harsh and disturbing times, take a night; to turn off the lights and frenzied thoughts, and travel into the calming natural world.

View attachment 61593
Really amazing creatures, good at solving problems, short memories and life span though, 2-3 years I think. There was that octopus in an aquarium a few years ago, which they discovered was getting out of its tank at night and getting into another to have a snack on whatever it was in it then going back to its own tank.

Really amazing creatures, good at solving problems, short memories and life span though, 2-3 years I think. There was that octopus in an aquarium a few years ago, which they discovered was getting out of its tank at night and getting into another to have a snack on whatever it was in it then going back to its own tank.
Yes, amazing and thought provoking. Filmmaker Craig Foster stated that the Common Octopus only lives for about one year.

Yes, amazing and thought provoking. Filmmaker Craig Foster stated that the Common Octopus only lives for about one year.
I've got Netflix in UHD now via my satellite box so I'll have to watch it, mind you there are quite a lot of things I want to watch! Still watching my way through the Mandalorian on Disney+, and then I found Star Trek Discovery on Netflix!

View attachment 61593

Based on your & Duncans comments I will check this out. Glad it's on Netflix.
To relax & escape I've been reading several Dean Koontz horror novels. They are a lot less scary than the real world....

Netflix has been working towards this from the beginning, they were just waiting for widespread broadband to catch up, and now everyone else is playing catch up to Netflix.

Netflix will keep raising prices with confidence
Netflix will keep raising prices with confidence as its value proposition remains superior to cable TV
Just cancelled Netflix in December because of their Cuties controversy and also because I am not paying $17.99 a month. I already pay enough for internet, cable and Amazon Prime.

Just cancelled Netflix in December because of their Cuties controversy and also because I am not paying $17.99 a month. I already pay enough for internet, cable and Amazon Prime.
Understand for sure!
I also don't like the fact that all this splintering off of content providers and channels is costing us more and more to get the same content we used to get from a single decent cable package. Even discovery + is breaking off with channels like HGTV, Food, TLC, Discovery etc.; for $5 a month for premium content (more wife's fav stuff than mine BTW!)

What happened to the good old days of free over the air broadcast TV; used to think the same thing about cable when it first appeared, making us pay for an entertainment service we're used to having for free. So we can always choose to not pay into all this and just enjoy more surround music or cook for real.

Understand for sure!
I also don't like the fact that all this splintering off of content providers and channels is costing us more and more to get the same content we used to get from a single decent cable package. Even discovery + is breaking off with channels like HGTV, Food, TLC, Discovery etc.; for $5 a month for premium content (more wife's fav stuff than mine BTW!)

In the meantime, the hip kids use their jailbroken Kodi firesticks and a proxy service and get whatever they want free of charge. It just seems like its becoming the only logical way for them to go. Every premium channel has something of interest, and they cant afford to buy them all. So they just steal them.

Back