TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HBO

But oh, I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood

Nobody.jpg

We watched Encanto on Disney+. Neat little animated movie with songs by Lin-Manuel Miranda. The man knows how to write a catchy tune.

We watched on the upstairs TV as it was too cold in the basement where the big rig resides. So that's a good excuse to watch it again with the full surround sound experience.

Speaking of Netflix -

Ozark: Season 4 Part 1 - Available 1/21/22

------------------------------------------------------------
and on AMAZON PRIME VIDEO-
*should be just the medicine for those that thought Cruise was ill cast in that role!

REACHER - Available 2/04/22

Binged watched Reacher it was good his character fits the description like the book the author makes a cameo.

Ate up these 8 shows in just two nights ๐Ÿ˜ and Amazon has quickly ordered up a second season of this hit show.

Starts off with Howlin' Wolf's Smokestack Lightnin' and other blues songs sprinkled throughout the show; also has Guillermo in it as a Medical Examiner.

JACK.jpg

Sorry to be negative about this; but I'm still seeing ridiculously greedy activity from NBC on their Olympics' programming!

I usually just watch it recorded off my U-verse, and I probably could go back to some streaming on ATV4K and find what I want IDK, but that would mean extra searching and time. Not really how I like to do hours and hours of the Olympics.

The problem, again as before on the last Olympics, is many times during actual events they split the screen off between the Live action on the left and commercials on the right. The advertisement screen is of course twice the size as the Live action. Also the sound is being pumped out for the commercials, with not even any kind of text/C.C. covering the broadcast announcers for the event action, so you don't know what's going on. Also, with all the fast forwarding I'm having to do for their regular commercial breaks, it seems there's more time spent on commercials than the Olympics itself.

I'll say again, the competitors, their families and viewers deserve better, much better.
Shame on you NBC! :mad:

Sorry to be negative about this; but I'm still seeing ridiculously greedy activity from NBC on their Olympics' programming!

I usually just watch it recorded off my U-verse, and I probably could go back to some streaming on ATV4K and find what I want IDK, but that would mean extra searching and time. Not really how I like to do hours and hours of the Olympics.

The problem, again as before on the last Olympics, is many times during actual events they split the screen off between the Live action on the left and commercials on the right. The advertisement screen is of course twice the size as the Live action. Also the sound is being pumped out for the commercials, with not even any kind of text/C.C. covering the broadcast announcers for the event action, so you don't know what's going on. Also, with all the fast forwarding I'm having to do for their regular commercial breaks, it seems there's more time spent on commercials than the Olympics itself.

I'll say again, the competitors, their families and viewers deserve better, much better.

I think I remember you commenting on this for the Tokyo games. I watch very little daytime TV so I can't comment if this problem exists in that time frame. But I spent almost all yesterday evening & did not see one example of what you described. Which I would be just as irritated as you if I did.

Maybe this is ATT Uverse sneaking this in? I have Spectrum & no problems. Maybe it's your local station implanting the ads? Maybe it's something that happens only daytime & not prime time?

On smaller chs like USA or Ovation, I get pissed when they show opening scenes of the next show while the closing credits of the previous show is still playing. And British shows seem to have more commercials than content sometimes... one of my favorite buttons on the clicker is MUTE.

I think I remember you commenting on this for the Tokyo games. I watch very little daytime TV so I can't comment if this problem exists in that time frame. But I spent almost all yesterday evening & did not see one example of what you described. Which I would be just as irritated as you if I did.

Maybe this is ATT Uverse sneaking this in? I have Spectrum & no problems. Maybe it's your local station implanting the ads? Maybe it's something that happens only daytime & not prime time?

On smaller chs like USA or Ovation, I get pissed when they show opening scenes of the next show while the closing credits of the previous show is still playing. And British shows seem to have more commercials than content sometimes... one of my favorite buttons on the clicker is MUTE.
Iโ€™ll need to check if itโ€™s just day time and not night/Prime; but it seems to be an NBC thing to me, or could it be different ad programming in different parts of the country, but it sure looks National :unsure:

๐Ÿ˜ฒ I see it. Terrible. Walmart ad on left side of screen. But no commercial voice over. I tried to take a pic but reverse camera was on so all I got was my forehead.

๐Ÿ˜ฒ I see it. Terrible. Walmart ad on left side of screen. But no commercial voice over. I tried to take a pic but reverse camera was on so all I got was my forehead.
It is so prevalent here were I am it's depressing; but the ads are always on the right side.

Us Boob Tube watchers have lived with and have been acclimated so deeply by commercials, that you may watch several minutes worth and simply zone them out, not realizing you're not watching the main programming. Happens to me all the time.

Nope I don't have HBOMax but this trailer is so funny I thought I should pass it along anyway for Our Flag Means Death:

Looks like another piece of genius from Taika Waititi. And haha wait till you hear Heart music in the trailer.

Yeah I couldn't believe when the flying saucer came down and took him away at the end! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Speaking of outer space, really enjoying the second season of Star Trek: Picard, which seems like an upgrade in almost every way on season 1, which followed the grand Star Trek tradition of the first season of a new series showing some promise despite being incredibly uneven.

Also really looking forward to the Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi series coming to Disney+ in May - hopefully they do a better job of making him exciting than they did with Boba Fett, who seemed mostly like a dull bureaucrat for the majority of his own series.

Back