TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife wanted it. I pay for it. DIY tv went to the "magnolia network". But she's so busy with her cooking shows that I seldom hear the dynamic duo of amassing a fortune on the tube. Got nothing against the pair, I've watched the Fixer Upper a couple 3 times. Joanna's sort of cute. Chip is a comedic goof ball sort of good old boy. Beats the news I reckon.

Wife wanted it. I pay for it. DIY tv went to the "magnolia network". But she's so busy with her cooking shows that I seldom hear the dynamic duo of amassing a fortune on the tube. Got nothing against the pair, I've watched the Fixer Upper a couple 3 times. Joanna's sort of cute. Chip is a comedic goof ball sort of good old boy. Beats the news I reckon.
Oh I've watched plenty of it in the past!

I just want control, no back seat drivers 💪 - ha ha haaaa

Bill Skarsgard, Pennywise in Stephen King's IT, dazzles in Netflix's new series CLARK!

'Clark' Review: Bill Skarsgård Is Fantastic In Miniseries About The Originator Of The Stockholm Syndrome | DMT

R.279b0e1b467c6dae469f6c3f1b5c4301

Bill Skarsgard plays Clark Olofsson, Sweden's infamous career Criminal in Netflix's CLARK [UHD4K]

Last edited:
Bosch: Legacy
Premiering May 6 on IMDb TV (WTF is that & does this also include Amazon Prime???)

Honey got SHOT!, Little Maddie a cop and Harry is not! Oh My!
less of a spinoff and more of a reboot

Oh, my ears and whiskers! Looks like I have another addiction to feed!

Bill Skarsgard, Pennywise in Stephen King's IT, dazzles in Netflix's new series CLARK!

'Clark' Review: Bill Skarsgård Is Fantastic In Miniseries About The Originator Of The Stockholm Syndrome | DMT

R.279b0e1b467c6dae469f6c3f1b5c4301

Bill Skarsgard plays Clark Olofsson, Sweden's infamous career Criminal in Netflix's CLARK [UHD4K]

ABSOLUTELY FREAKIN' SURREAL. Just finished binge watching all 6 episodes and where else can you hear a smokin' rendition of JAILHOUSE ROCK sung in SWEDISH?

Great immersive discrete 5.1 soundtrack, as well. VERY HIGH RECOMMENDATION!

Clark Soundtrack on Netflix - Every Song in Episode 1

Last edited:
For All Mankind (TV series)
*series started in 2019 on Apple TV+; with a second season in 2020, a 3rd season premieres on June 10, 2022.

I just started watching this show, which began slowly, but seems to be picking up after the USA finally gets to the Moon, after the USSR and China.

For-All-Mankind.jpg

Watched the first couple episodes of Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi last night; and I'm thinking Obi needs to start Jedi training all over again and get his Kenobi back, ehhh.
As a huge Star Wars kid, I've had a lot of thoughts about everything that has come after the original trilogy... starting with the rereleases in '97... but what similar geek hasn't? Some of it I thought was great, lots of it weak, surprises here and there that hit the sweet spot... but it certainly doesn't get any better than revisiting it all with my kids (now 10 and 12). It's also interesting what works for them and what doesn't land, the questions they have, etc. That's the brief context to my feelings about Obi-Wan, which haven't yet completely gelled...

But I guess similar to The Book of Boba Fett, I'm kinda telling myself "give it a bit, this is gonna kick into gear". Fett never really got there, maybe with the exception of the first Mandalorian-centric episode. I actually liked the first few episodes the best. I'm in for the concept of what they're doing here with Obi-Wan, but overall I have to admit it kinda feels forced and... unnecessary? I like the concept of the fact that they're world-building here and so they don't leave out what kids are doing, etc., but Star Wars kid-centric scenes always feel super forced and pandering... and all of that stuff with Leia is definitely not an exception. The ham-fisted, slapstick, slow-motion foot chase through the woods is... oof. But hey, Flea.

It also feels like we haven't got a sincerely interesting and new locale since Episode IX, just a lot of going back to the well of the Outer Rim (Tatooine specifically), and when Star Wars does ground-level city stuff, it's all kind of a Blade Runner yawn to me. Will they mine the Vader/Kenobi thing for something genuinely moving? Will they create something that feels like there's something at stake and there's real danger/menace? Hard to say since we know what trajectory the characters are on... but let's see, eh?

As a huge Star Wars kid, I've had a lot of thoughts about everything that has come after the original trilogy... starting with the rereleases in '97... but what similar geek hasn't? Some of it I thought was great, lots of it weak, surprises here and there that hit the sweet spot... but it certainly doesn't get any better than revisiting it all with my kids (now 10 and 12). It's also interesting what works for them and what doesn't land, the questions they have, etc. That's the brief context to my feelings about Obi-Wan, which haven't yet completely gelled...

But I guess similar to The Book of Boba Fett, I'm kinda telling myself "give it a bit, this is gonna kick into gear". Fett never really got there, maybe with the exception of the first Mandalorian-centric episode. I actually liked the first few episodes the best. I'm in for the concept of what they're doing here with Obi-Wan, but overall I have to admit it kinda feels forced and... unnecessary? I like the concept of the fact that they're world-building here and so they don't leave out what kids are doing, etc., but Star Wars kid-centric scenes always feel super forced and pandering... and all of that stuff with Leia is definitely not an exception. The ham-fisted, slapstick, slow-motion foot chase through the woods is... oof. But hey, Flea.

It also feels like we haven't got a sincerely interesting and new locale since Episode IX, just a lot of going back to the well of the Outer Rim (Tatooine specifically), and when Star Wars does ground-level city stuff, it's all kind of a Blade Runner yawn to me. Will they mine the Vader/Kenobi thing for something genuinely moving? Will they create something that feels like there's something at stake and there's real danger/menace? Hard to say since we know what trajectory the characters are on... but let's see, eh?
I had the same Blade Runner thoughts!

I found the Boba Fett series entertaining.

Waiting for more info on the Ahsoka series.

As a big fan of the prequel trilogy (Revenge Of The Sith in particular), I really enjoyed seeing McGregor back in character as Obi-Wan. That being said, the storyline does kind of violate the existing canon in more ways that one.

Let's talk audio surround on some of these recent new streaming shows.

The Star Wars shows like Obi-Wan Kenobi have some good immersive rears for me (I don't have Atmos / Heights) But as I'm totally absorbed into the story and visuals, I tend not to notice these all that much. Maybe they just have some basic ambience type stuff in the rears INS. I'll need to try and pay more attention to the audio in the next few shows.

Last night however, I caught the first two episodes of season 4 - Stranger Things; and man, that has some really punchy use of the rears IMO, but again need to pay more attention to the audio aspects for more detail.

Anyone else have opinions on these?

1653849516217.png

Back