TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you find the time to watch all of this stuff Pupster?
I’m retired; so music most of the daytime, and TV from about 5 pm till 11. Lately, I could actually handle more new shows, hoping things pick up some more in July. Some shows like Stranger Things (currently) also take short hiatus periods. Keep in mind also, that a lot of these shows only put out an approximate 40 min. show once a week. And after a 6-10 episode run you might not see them again for a year or even two.

Another one I’ve just started watching is an HBO MAX show called “Barry” with Bill Hader & Henry Winkler. I’m still on season one, but looks like it’s been renewed for it’s 4th season already. Read about it here on wiki-
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_(TV_series)

I’m retired; so music most of the daytime, and TV from about 5 pm till 11. Lately, I could actually handle more new shows, hoping things pick up some more in July.
I admire your stamina! I’m also retired, but the last thing I want, or could find time for, is more TV to watch. I don’t subscribe to any streaming services and have recently reduced my cable TV package because I watch it so little it’s just a waste of money.

As much as I LOVE my music, I've always been a visual person as well and feel TV in the 21st century is much more topical than motion pictures which can take as long as five years or more to actually greenlight. And I'm a news junkie as well. I want to know WHAT'S GOING ON both in this country and throughout the world.

No Man Is An Island .... an ole cliche which IMO has endured......at least in my little universe!

And the streaming services, a lot of which boast 4K 'eye fidelity' content/exceptional SURROUND SOUND, are delivering in spades what was only hinted at when our parents had control of the remote when there was only one TV in the house and its pan and scan subpar quality content ruled the airwaves.

And it sure beats staring 24/7 at our Iphones.....because if someone really wants to get in touch with me ...they can always BANG ON MY DOOR!

NOW for something completely different that you're NOT likely to see on your local Network TV
I live in a country which has, on a main network channel, a dating show in which contestants choose a partner by looking at their genitals. So a documentary about a penis museum would not arouse (ahem) any interest from the TV regulators here!

I live in a country which has, on a main network channel, a dating show in which contestants choose a partner by looking at their genitals. So a documentary about a penis museum would not arouse (ahem) any interest from the TV regulators here!

But a particular segment of THE FINAL MEMBER dealt with a gent in Sunny California who wanted to donate his genitalia to the Icelandic museum WHILE HE WAS STILL ALIVE. He even went so far as to have the American stars/stripes tatooed on the tip of his member which he called "ELMO!"

It wasnt me I swear..........

Two shows streaming I can reccomend are the third season of The Umbrella Academy on Netflix, and after 12 years a new season of Borgen which Ive just started.
Its on Netfix is in Danish with subtitles and is about Danish politics and the government leaders primarily about one woman who became the Prime Minister and now is serving as Foreign Minister. It intersects with the news media and the same personalities. and party politics and deal compromises.

It wasn't me I swear..........

Two shows streaming I can reccomend are the third season of The Umbrella Academy on Netflix, and after 12 years a new season of Borgen which Ive just started.
Its on Netfix is in Danish with subtitles and is about Danish politics and the government leaders primarily about one woman who became the Prime Minister and now is serving as Foreign Minister. It intersects with the news media and the same personalities. and party politics and deal compromises.

LOVE THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY and look forward to Season 3!

And I know it wasn't you Jeffie....a 'neighbor' perhaps?

http://www.popscreen.com/v/94nRX/The-Final-Member-Movie-CLIP-Elmo-2014-Documentary-HD

Last edited:
I’m retired; so music most of the daytime, and TV from about 5 pm till 11. Lately, I could actually handle more new shows, hoping things pick up some more in July. Some shows like Stranger Things (currently) also take short hiatus periods. Keep in mind also, that a lot of these shows only put out an approximate 40 min. show once a week. And after a 6-10 episode run you might not see them again for a year or even two.

Another one I’ve just started watching is an HBO MAX show called “Barry” with Bill Hader & Henry Winkler. I’m still on season one, but looks like it’s been renewed for it’s 4th season already. Read about it here on wiki-
I've been watching Barry from the beginning. A very bizarre mix of dark subtle humor and horrifying violence. Interestingly for me, Bill Hader, who I find hilarious in things like Judd Apatow movies, plays it straight here and is the source of most of the violence, while others take care of the comedy (Anthony Carrigan as NoHo Hank, most notably, as well as some of the students in the acting class). Keep watching, it gets really weird.

I'm not retired, but I simply HATE TV. Truly, I do. All I ever watch is youtube videos of cooking channels. Nothing more.
I find myself watching a lot of YouTube reaction videos (Rappers reacting to Iron Maiden, that sort of thing). I don't really know why I find it so fascinating.

....... and in contrast (with a few different letters) in the UK we do have the Derwent Pencil Museum (keswick.org)

Barry is a great show, one of the best (and funniest) things I've watched on TV in the last couple of years - you're in for a real treat.

Barry is a great show, one of the best (and funniest) things I've watched on TV in the last couple of years - you're in for a real treat.
I mainly had only known Hader from his Saturday Night Live days, and remember more specifically, his insane character Stefon. So I was a bit hesitant to dive into this show at first. But after watching a couple of them, I was left thinking :unsure: -there's much more depth to what ol' Hader has in his acting bag!

I'm not retired, but I simply HATE TV. Truly, I do. All I ever watch is youtube videos of cooking channels. Nothing more.
90% of my TV warching is auto racing (Indycar, F1 and WEC/IMSA - NASCAR lost me when the “S” stopped meaning “stock” and changed to “spec.”). News is depressing, sitcoms are no longer entertaining, and “reality” shows aren’t real. I have Netflix, Prime and hulu, but I’m busy enough that I watch maybe one show per week on them.

Back