TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh how wonderful :poop: - uhhh, Netflix's version of Amazon's freevee? And off we go back to the future all over again!
I've learned many times there's nothing that starts out as a good heart felt concept that can't be ruined by profiteering... Flickr, Facebook, YouTube, Photobucket. Haha Napster. They were all so fun in the early days.

I see Netflix is in the news again today. This time it's about partnering with Sennheiser using their AMBEO technology

https://www.ubergizmo.com/2022/07/netflix-and-sennheiser-introduce-spatial-audio-for-all/
There's a bit of discussion on AMBEO in the ATMOS threads. But I haven't tried too hard to delve into the details. I am under the impression that most AVR's do not have AMBEO & this is intended mostly for headphones & soundbars. The question have if Netflix makes this available is what results do (or even can you?) get with ATMOS or my good 'ol Surround Master?

โ€œLightyearโ€
coming to Disney+ on Wednesday 3rd August 2022

1658463182337.png

Will it be in Atmos? (Which I canโ€˜t get on my โ€œantiqueโ€œ 2019 Sony 4k TVโ€ฆbecause the effers refuse to roll out Android 10 to these โ€œantiqueโ€ models.)
Thats one of my dislikes about Android they stop supporting it rather too quickly for my liking, my TV is a 2018 Sony KD55AF8BU OLED :(

Just finished binge watching all ten episodes of HULU's CASTLE ROCK, Season Two. Simply AMAZING. Lizzy Caplan plays Annie Wilkes who if you recall was the murderous psychopath in Rob Reiner's MISERY based on the Stephen King Novel ..... but think of this as a [very bloody] prequel. Caplan's performance is ASTOUNDING as is the supporting cast...most notably Tim Robbins who plays Pop, Castle Rock's resident badass entrepreneur...and the show would not be complete without the small Maine town's vaulted history dating back to the early 1600's with Satanism at its core. Presented in 4K with a verydiscrete DD 5.1 soundtrack and music from Springsteen, Leonard Cohen, Johnny Cash, Rufus Wainwright, Cat Power among others. No need to watch Season I [which is likewise excellent] to enjoy what I consider A+ TV at its finest.

R.e0a8a8ef72003183ab948f81e5ec10d3

21503_2_large.jpg

Although, I'm not really into all the Zombie apocalypse type stuff, I can enjoy some if done well (YMMV)

Awhile ago I had watched a Zombie move called "Army Of The Dead" but had no idea it was linked to another prequel movie called "Army Of Thieves"; which is more a about some slick bank safe heists than Zombies.
Both Zack Snyder produced movies.

Last night I caught up with "Army Of Thieves" about a fictional safe builder named Hans Wagner and his 4 custom safes (with the Gรถtterdรคmmerung being the last one where Hans has locked himself into as a final resting place) that our criminals were attempting to crack. At the ending of "Army Of Thieves" is when I realized it was a prequel and had actually watched them in reverse order. So now I need to go back and watch "Army Of The Dead" again for a Zombie slaying refresher ๐ŸงŸโ€โ™‚๏ธ ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿบ

ARMY FOR ZOMBIES.jpg

Back