TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone catch the first episode of House Of The Dragon on HBO last night, impressions?
I thought it was okay - the production and VFX are of course great, but the story setup and characters feel exceedingly familiar (Rhaenyra is basically Daenerys, Daemon is sort of a conflation of Jaimie Lannister and Stannis Baratheon, etc).

I was searching around for something new to watch in the last few days and found this interesting Brit. show from BBC One called 'The Outlaws' (I'm watching the 2021/2022 series on Amazon Prime)

Anyway, so far it's a fun little crime caper type affair with a bunch of misfits, including a con man played by Christopher Walken. Heck, I had thought Walken was probably retired, but he's even doing a little dancing on this show. :) Only about 3 shows into it so far, but curious where they're taking this crew of characters.

1661206162605.png

As im sure many of you know Amazon prime is coming out with a Lord of the Rings prequel next month. Set in an earlier age of middle earth it looks visually stunning from the trailer. Whether the storyline sucks or its too woke I don't know yet.
The cinnemark movie theater did a promotion today to give out free tickets to watch the first two episodes on the big screen so I'm going next week.

As im sure many of you know Amazon prime is coming out with a Lord of the Rings prequel next month. Set in an earlier age of middle earth it looks visually stunning from the trailer. Whether the storyline sucks or its too woke I don't know yet.
The cinnemark movie theater did a promotion today to give out free tickets to watch the first two episodes on the big screen so I'm going next week.
What would make it "too woke" in your opinion?

You'll be missed

Just wanted to say that the final season of Better Call Saul was an absolute masterpiece, and I say that after feeling like some parts of seasons 4 and 5 sagged a little bit. Not only aesthetically, but also on a storytelling and character level it provided a satisfying conclusion for all of these characters and the Breaking Bad-verse as a whole.

Speaking of which, I'd happily put this season up there with the final season of Breaking Bad in terms of quality even though the way things played out on the two series was quite different, and I think Saul actually took some more daring chances in getting to its endpoint.

I just recently finished watching Ozark, which is a similar kind of show in a lot of ways, on Netflix, and it really dropped the ball in the final 6 episodes after building a really dark, exciting and intriguing world in the 4 or 5 years before that, and it really drove home how challenging a task it is to "stick the landing" on a show like this, which made me enjoy Saul's feat all the more.

Highly reccomended (obvs) but do yourself a favour and watch Breaking Bad first, if you're one of the 7 people who hasn't already!

I'd forgotten about Resident Alien, really good, I have the first series saved on my Sky Q Satellite Box HDD, and I just looked and I realised I'd only watched the first 3 of the 10 recorded. Think I know what I'll watch a couple of tonight!
I'm only on page 8 pf this thread, but Season 1 of Resident Alien was great. Season 2 sucks (I'm about halfway through). And that episode where those chicks go to the lake and act super obnoxious is one of the worst episodes of any show ever. I want to see Alan Tudyk, you know, the alien in the show. Not a bunch of secondary characters. The woman who directed that episode should never work again.

First glance seems like a sexier rip off of Murders in the Building. I'm good with sexier. Is it more clever?
Well, SW, since I haven't watched any episodes of MURDERS IN THE BUILDING [on MY list], I cannot comment but in the vast wasteland of STREAMING and since so many new shows, domestic and from abroad, are vying for your viewership, I can confidently say that I'm enjoying the whodunnit aspect of MALDIVAS and all the DRAMA and PATHOS which usually accompanies such melodrama as well as the Brazilian infuence .... even though PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE ... no matter the setting! Watch an episode or two ... they move briskly and IMO are highly entertaining .... but naturally plot holes abound and I still applaud all those writers, directors and actors who try to come up with something uniquely different [almost nigh impossible] in this day and age of INFORMATION OVERDRIVE!

NOW streaming on HULU, Stephen King's STORM OF THE CENTURY expressly written by King for an ABC three night mini series. Each terse episode runs 90 minutes and for a 1999 TV Broadcast I must admit is brilliantly acted. Aspect ratio is 1.33:1 but the series is broadcast in DOLBY SURROUND for an immersive experience. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for S. King fans.

R.8937fee1a471dfc44b77717815438908

See the source image

Last edited:
From Spain with English subtitles DIARY OF A GIGOLO ....10 episodes, approximately 45 minutes each....STEAMY and SEDUCTIVE with a powerful twist at the end

See the source image

R.2d543c546fde57d479e5cce6eb89893e

JUST A GIGOLO

Last edited:
Much as been said elsewhere about the new CCR: Live at the Royal Albert Hall. Purely by luck I discovered that this can be watched now on:

https://www.netflix.com/title/81629046
It is a delight and just captivated me from beginning to end. It starts off with an abbreviated history of the band intertwined with various lives in Europe, then back to America. Some great legacy stuff I didn't know. The musical performance clips are very short just to supplement the oral, just bits of the song but surprisingly the surround sounded pretty enticing. If only made me wish much more to hear all of the pieces. Then, I don't remember how they transitioned, they are back in London again, indeed for the full concert at Royal Albert Hall!

Such honest energy that comes from the heart & not focus groups. Giles Martin did quite a good job on surround. It's not dramatic considering the source but the split rears are a delight. The video quality is strongly variable, never irritating. And the audio is not too clean, but sounds very honest. I hope some one watches it & enjoys it as much as I did.

Hello @chucky3042 do you have the Netflix?

Much as been said elsewhere about the new CCR: Live at the Royal Albert Hall. Purely by luck I discovered that this can be watched now on:

https://www.netflix.com/title/81629046
It is a delight and just captivated me from beginning to end. It starts off with an abbreviated history of the band intertwined with various lives in Europe, then back to America. Some great legacy stuff I didn't know. The musical performance clips are very short just to supplement the oral, just bits of the song but surprisingly the surround sounded pretty enticing. If only made me wish much more to hear all of the pieces. Then, I don't remember how they transitioned, they are back in London again, indeed for the full concert at Royal Albert Hall!

Such honest energy that comes from the heart & not focus groups. Giles Martin did quite a good job on surround. It's not dramatic considering the source but the split rears are a delight. The video quality is strongly variable, never irritating. And the audio is not too clean, but sounds very honest. I hope some one watches it & enjoys it as much as I did.

Hello @chucky3042 do you have the Netflix?
WOW...thanks for sharing SW. Will check it out this evening.

I've decided to opt for the Universal Japan MQA encoded CD which when decoded will be 24/96 resolution...albeit in STEREO!

Live At Royal Albert Hall - MQA x UHQCD [Import]

I was searching around for something new to watch in the last few days and found this interesting Brit. show from BBC One called 'The Outlaws' (I'm watching the 2021/2022 series on Amazon Prime)

Anyway, so far it's a fun little crime caper type affair with a bunch of misfits, including a con man played by Christopher Walken. Heck, I had thought Walken was probably retired, but he's even doing a little dancing on this show. :) Only about 3 shows into it so far, but curious where they're taking this crew of characters.

View attachment 82644
I've watched both series on BBC and it's very good. Something a little bit different.

'House of the Dragon' episode 8​

What an excruciating show to watch this week! Suppose they felt it was the early Halloween show :unsure:
I know all this family infighting and inbreeding should be entertaining, but I find all the royal positioning for the Iron Throne tiring, and I’m getting increasingly bored with it. More Dragons please!

'House of the Dragon' episode 8​

What an excruciating show to watch this week! Suppose they felt it was the early Halloween show :unsure:
I know all this family infighting and inbreeding should be entertaining, but I find all the royal positioning for the Iron Throne tiring, and I’m getting increasingly bored with it. More Dragons please!
:eek: that means there are 8 episodes I haven't watched off my satellite box HDD yet!

Back