TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much as been said elsewhere about the new CCR: Live at the Royal Albert Hall. Purely by luck I discovered that this can be watched now on:

https://www.netflix.com/title/81629046
It is a delight and just captivated me from beginning to end. It starts off with an abbreviated history of the band intertwined with various lives in Europe, then back to America. Some great legacy stuff I didn't know. The musical performance clips are very short just to supplement the oral, just bits of the song but surprisingly the surround sounded pretty enticing. If only made me wish much more to hear all of the pieces. Then, I don't remember how they transitioned, they are back in London again, indeed for the full concert at Royal Albert Hall!

Such honest energy that comes from the heart & not focus groups. Giles Martin did quite a good job on surround. It's not dramatic considering the source but the split rears are a delight. The video quality is strongly variable, never irritating. And the audio is not too clean, but sounds very honest. I hope some one watches it & enjoys it as much as I did.

Hello @chucky3042 do you have the Netflix?
Tried to watch it on Netflix in Norway now, no luck. Was it for a limited time period, or is it a region thing?

Tried to watch it on Netflix in Norway now, no luck. Was it for a limited time period, or is it a region thing?
I think it must be a regional thing asd it still shows as current on a Netflix search;

Also I'm not sure how I ran across it... it wasn't featured prominently at start up or "because you watched". Poke around some more maybe it's really there.

RE: surround sound. I don't have ATMOS just listened to it in Netflix 5.1 And if Chucky listened to it on his Y4 system then it must have been stereo to surround via Involve decoding since the Y4 doesn't have a discrete MCH input. From my experience there was better fidelity & surround than I expected including the musical bits during the documentary portion. Distinct sounds popping up in the rears. Not like Yello Live in Berlin by any means, but much better than I expected given the age of the material.

At any rate I hope you get to enjoy it & let us know if you do!

I think it must be a regional thing asd it still shows as current on a Netflix search;

Also I'm not sure how I ran across it... it wasn't featured prominently at start up or "because you watched". Poke around some more maybe it's really there.

RE: surround sound. I don't have ATMOS just listened to it in Netflix 5.1 And if Chucky listened to it on his Y4 system then it must have been stereo to surround via Involve decoding since the Y4 doesn't have a discrete MCH input. From my experience there was better fidelity & surround than I expected including the musical bits during the documentary portion. Distinct sounds popping up in the rears. Not like Yello Live in Berlin by any means, but much better than I expected given the age of the material.

When I select the link above I came to Netflix and a message saying "Sorry can't find this side" in Norwegian. Must be regional. :confused:

SLOW HORSES
returns for season 2 on Friday December 2nd - Apple TV+
with two new episodes and new shows appearing every Friday through December 30th. Seasons 3 & 4 have already been greenlit.

1669699552089.png

I haven't watched any of Wednesday yet. But there's buzz aplenty about it. And I've seen that dance video posted everywhere but didn't watch it until now. Yes it's a good one and yes, I actually do have a couple of Cramps (along with the Plasmatics) albums somewhere.

Been watching Cyberpunk Edgerunner on Nutflex and then CCR again last night. I need to take a detour to the Addams Family soon.

I haven't watched any of Wednesday yet. But there's buzz aplenty about it. And I've seen that dance video posted everywhere but didn't watch it until now. Yes it's a good one and yes, I actually do have a couple of Cramps (along with the Plasmatics) albums somewhere.

Been watching Cyberpunk Edgerunner on Nutflex and then CCR again last night. I need to take a detour to the Addams Family soon.
Don’t know anything about Cyberpunk Edgerunner, but knowing you, I’d bet it’s Japanese anime.

Lovers of Gothic mysteries may well enjoy Netflix's latest entry into the genre with THE PALE BLUE EYE based on a short story by none other than Edgar Allen Poe which in fact enlists the talents of the young author [Harry Melling] as he is coerced into assisting a local private detective [Christian Bale] in solving a gruesome murder at the then nascent Military Academy at West Point. Familiar faces like Christian Bale, Harry Melling, Gillian Anderson, Toby Jones and a brief appearance by Robert Duvall round out the cast.

christian bale, harry melling, the pale blue eye

gillian anderson, toby jones, the pale blue eye

NETFLIX

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a42391927/the-pale-blue-eye-review-netflix-christian-bale/

Last edited:
Perhaps the best Netflix series ever "The Playlist" is an origin story about Spotify featuring Spotify CEO Daniel Ek (played by Edvin Endre).
I found all the mention of "Pirate Bay" rather interesting. Personally I would rather download than stream but that's just me. The series brings up important issues. Music must be free vs music can't be free. All in all it's the artist that gets screwed!

https://bgr.com/entertainment/the-playlist-spotify-finally-gets-the-netflix-tv-show-it-deserves/

Lovers of Gothic mysteries may well enjoy Netflix's latest entry into the genre with THE PALE BLUE EYE based on a short story by none other than Edgar Allen Poe which in fact enlists the talents of the young author [Harry Melling] as he is coerced into assisting a local private detective [Christian Bale] in solving a gruesome murder at the then nascent Military Academy at West Point. Familiar faces like Christian Bale, Harry Melling, Gillian Anderson, Toby Jones and a brief appearance by Robert Duvall round out the cast.

NETFLIX

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a42391927/the-pale-blue-eye-review-netflix-christian-bale/
Was going to post this one today, watched it last night, a little twist at the end
-nevermore!

1673204643820.png

NETFLIX

Yes indeed. Like @J. PUPSTER I watched last night & was captivated all the way through. A big admirer of Poe since a teenager. I have read his biography before but I forgot he actually was a student at that military academy. Very convincing & well done movie. I might watch it again tonight.

Exciting new and returning shows in 2023 for HBO Max-

*I'm most excited for:

-The Last Of Us (new show with Pedro Pascal aka The Mandalorian)
First episode date: January 15, 2023

-Perry Mason (returning for its 2nd season with Matthew Rhys)
set to premiere on March 6, 2023

-The Gilded Age (returning for its 2nd season with Carrie Coon)
premiere TBD

-True Detective Season 4 - Night Country (returning with a new story staring Jody Foster in the lead)
premiere TBD

-Barry (returning for season 4 with Bill Hader)
premiere TBD

-Love and Death (new series written by David E. Kelley and staring Elizabeth Olsen & Jesse Plemons)
premiere TBD

-Warrior (returning for its 3rd season with Andrew Koji; executive-produced by Bruce Lee's daughter, Shannon Lee)
premiere TBD and a personal favorite of mine!

-Tokyo Vice (returning for its 2nd season with Ansel Elgort & Ken Watanabe)
premiere TBD

-Our Flag Means Death (this dark comedy is returning for its 2nd season with Rhys Darby & Taika Waititi)
premiere TBD

1883 on paramount+
Pioneers cross the country for Oregon. But its the journey not the destination
Sad realistic and wonderful
There is a sequel of sorts 1923 4 episodes in good so far.
Enjoyed 1883 also. Just caught episode 3 of 1923 not long ago (like the African safari / love- side story also.) 1923 is basically a range war between Cattle ranchers and Sheep herders. Heavy weights Helen Mirren & Harrison Ford star; and IINM narration by 1883's Elsa Dutton.

Back