Two new stem types announced by Lalal/ai

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With this update, LALAL.AI breaks the record as the world’s first 10-stem splitter

They added Wind & String Instruments. "Wind" is for both Brass and Woodwinds.

https://www.lalal.ai/blog/wind-stri...ring&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=windstring
I’ve yet to hear an AI/frequency-based stem splitter that I’d want to use to make a surround mix, …they just don’t cut it IMO.

It’s a shame MixTheMusic closed up shop recently, …to my knowledge, they were the only company providing a way to purchase legitimate studio multi-tracks/stems.

I wish at least one other business would step in and fill that void. That seems unlikely but one can hope. As of now, remix contests and occasionally the artist themselves will distribute stems/multi-tracks but it’s just not enough.

Lalal.ai is having a 50% off xmas sale, but 50 free minutes. for $40 you get 550 minutes.

UVR5, an easy to use (without dealing with python, command line, etc.) free stem extraction tool now includes DMUCS v4 and other improvements.

If you prefer not to use paid and/or online stem extractors, this (and spleterGUI) are good and free options:

https://github.com/Anjok07/ultimatevocalremovergui

I’ve yet to hear an AI/frequency-based stem splitter that I’d want to use to make a surround mix, …they just don’t cut it IMO.

It’s a shame MixTheMusic closed up shop recently, …to my knowledge, they were the only company providing a way to purchase legitimate studio multi-tracks/stems.

I wish at least one other business would step in and fill that void. That seems unlikely but one can hope. As of now, remix contests and occasionally the artist themselves will distribute stems/multi-tracks but it’s just not enough.
They AI’s get smarter every year. But yes, it would be so much easier if we had the stems/multis.

Look on the bright side, with The Beatles first two albums we’ve got the multis. :sneaky:

Back