UK - Curtain Call 10th Anniversary DVD/Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think they would replace Bruford, as Bozzio did not replace Bruford un U.K.
All have just strong musical characters (and I mean that in a very good way of course, no one wants a copycat).
But then I agree on the fact Minneman and Harrison would be a perfect math to revisit U.K. drumming (well, are, for Minneman).
When I saw them in London Gary Husband played drums - nailed Buford and Bozzio's stuff very tastefully. Machacek played amazingly, too. A memorable night...

I did manage to see Gary Husband with Allan Holdsworth on the IOU tour in 1982. Unfortunately, for the UK quartet reunion in 3015, it was Mark Mancina on drums, and frankly he was not qualified to gig with these musicians IMHO. Machacek was spot on with the Holdsworth component and then some!

Its delayed at Amazon... what else is new? Getting used to being the bottom of the barrel minority in Progressive and fusion music immersive releases, this is freaking discrimination of the highest order (incensed after the Camel let down).

Its delayed at Amazon... what else is new? Getting used to being the bottom of the barrel minority in Progressive and fusion music immersive releases, this is freaking discrimination of the highest order (incensed after the Camel let down).
I got a shipping confirmation from importcds. I was also suprised to receive the latest from Yes and Marillion on the release date, so things seem to be improving.

I enjoyed watching the concert on the bluray and coudn't wait to hear the master audio. Unfortunately I heard it the same as kap. I believe the 5.1 HDMA only uses the fronts and surrounds, no center or sub heard. Still a good value for the price.

Last edited:
Was really looking forward to this and I’m extremely disappointed with the audio on both of the Blu-ray discs. The concert video Blu-ray’s MC audio is only in Dolby Digital and try as I might, I could never achieve a satisfactory sound. The audio only Blu-ray does have a DTS-HD MA MC track but the use of the surrounds is quite anemic and the overall sonics lack clarity and fidelity. Instruments sound muffled and distant. Major bummer dammit!

I just cancelled my pre-order. I guess this is a case where I’m glad Amazon is so far behind than everyone else in shipping this. (Latest date was sometime in July.)

I rarely watch video concerts any more, so it’s gotta be something great for me to sit down in front of the TV.

Based on the impressions so far, and the fact I’m happy with the live albums I have from the Ultimate box set, I probably can live without this one.

I just got this and my jaw dropped to the floor...and in a bad way...
it sounds like there's NO INFO above 6K !!!! and the Stereo is extremely loud and/or the "MCH" is extremely quiet!!!
I want to think that somebody screwed up BIG TIME somewhere along the line...

Opus audio from the Youtube video (Alaska/Time To Killl):

It barely can reach 9k.
hxeyB7x.jpeg

Sounds like an audience recording on a cassette recorder, at about 40 rows back from the stage. In fact I've heard audience recordings that sounded better.

I missed getting to cancel mine by a couple of hours. It was only $21 shipped though so no big loss.

Back