UK - Curtain Call 10th Anniversary DVD/Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Saw this at importCD. I don't know much about the band UK, but I know folks here like them. No clue if it has multi-channel.

1682259777181.png

From the pictures on this edition it looks like the hype sticker is saying it does indeed have a surround mix, and I would assume this is the same recording at least:

https://www.discogs.com/release/12151532-UK-Curtain-Call
It was done by Eddie Jobson (he and Wetton are the only two left/involved in this one), which gives me pause because his stereo remasters of the two UK albums in '09 were brutal... but the job he did on the live surround of Night After Night was alright.

from Eddie Jobson's Facebook page:
Globe Music is pleased to announce the first worldwide release of “Curtain Call,” the special 2013 Tokyo concert video featuring Eddie Jobson, John Wetton, Alex Machacek and Marco Minnemann. This one-off reunion event, captured in high-definition by Fuji, features the only ever live performance of both UK studio albums “U.K.” and “Danger Money” in their entirety, and has been fully remixed and remastered for this 10th Anniversary release--scheduled for May 19th.
Previously only available in Japan, the new condensed package includes both Blu-ray and DVD discs, as well as high-resolution Blu-ray Audio in 5.1 surround-sound. The release will be available from most retail outlets including Amazon and Eddie’s own store at Burning Shed.

another important comment under there:
This package includes an audio-only 24/96k Blu-ray, in both stereo and 5.1 surround. There are currently no plans for a vinyl release. Also, Globe Music has announced that they will no longer manufacture CDs but are currently looking into creating future Dolby Atmos binaural mixes of the UK material.

I had to get out my UK box set and remember why I didn't already have this! Formerly a Japan market item, this is a must have. ALL UK material performed in hi def video with a 5.1 mix from 2013. I went to both UK reunion shows in Philadelphia - trio in 2012 and quartet in 2015. This band mattered very much to me.

Last edited:
Interesting, can't see it on a UK (country!) website yet.

In the UK Ultimate Collectors' Edition Boxset is a concert from 2011 (at the same venue, same band line-up) but only in stereo
CCF_000593.jpg

I wonder if Jobson was still playing a CS80 at this point. ???
I’m hearing a full-blown Alaska in surround in my head,
but I‘m concerned that the reality may be more like Florida.

I have the original Japanese version with obi strip which is a 2CD + Blu ray. Paid a lot for it many years ago.. But it has Japanese subtitles if you want them:) DTS surround mixed by Eddie Jobson. This new one looks like a reissue but then for a normal price.

Great to see this. Ordered.

Discogs tells me that the UK Ultimate Collector’s Edition is the most expensive thing I have in my library. (Thankfully bought it when it came out.) But it didn’t include the video for this show.

Always thought Rendezvous 6:02 was a beautiful song, especially when they did it live.

I wonder if Jobson was still playing a CS80 at this point. ???
I’m hearing a full-blown Alaska in surround in my head,
but I‘m concerned that the reality may be more like Florida.

Trust me, you needed worry. Alaska WILL sound authentic. At the 2013 meet & greet VIP session before the show (for the diehards) Eddie demonstrated how he manipulates the voltages between two synths (or oscillator banks) to see-saw the frequencies to get that swimmy, menacing, fascinating soundscape, Clever trick.

Last edited:
Trust me, you needed worry. Alaska WILL sound authentic. At the 2013 meet & greet VIP session before the show (for the diehards) Eddie demonstrated how he manipulates the voltages between two synths (or oscillator banks) to see-saw the frequencies to get that swimmy, menacing, fascinating soundscape, Clever trick.
Thanks for the insight! Now my hopes are as high as the Alaska Range!

I hope it will soon be available (it is not in France, even on Amazon as a pre release sale)

Last edited:
I've heard Machacek in several ocasions, and he certainly would fit the "play the Holdsworth lines" bill. Though the very idea of playing the same line every night made Holdsworth quit.

I don't think they would replace Bruford, as Bozzio did not replace Bruford un U.K.
All have just strong musical characters (and I mean that in a very good way of course, no one wants a copycat).
But then I agree on the fact Minneman and Harrison would be a perfect match to revisit U.K. drumming (well, are, for Minneman).

Last edited:
Back