UK "Night After Night" CD/Blu-Ray set (with Bob Clearmountain 5.1 mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Hello all!

News has surfaced that Eddie Jobson (of UK) is reissuing the "Night After Night" 5.1 Blu-Ray (that was only available in the multi-disc UK box set that was released in 2015) as a 2CD/Blu-Ray set. The 5.1 mix on the Blu-Ray was mixed by Bob Clearmountain, and it is quite good, especially for a live album 5.1 mix! Details here:

Upcoming release on March 8th
Eddie will be releasing the extended version of UK’s 1979 live album “Night After Night." This is the high-resolution version that EJ digitized at Abbey Road and remixed with Bob Clearmountain in 24-bit/96k stereo and 5.1 surround-sound. This will be released as a 2xCD and 1xBlu-ray combination in an oversized Digipak; a 7-page booklet is included. This was previously only available in the Ultimate Collector’s Edition box
This March 8 release will be available for purchase through the usual retail outlets (Amazon et al.), as well as Disk Union in Japan and from EJ's store at Burning Shed in England.

52809961_10156253804761947_4683484651707170816_o.jpg

53410286_10156253804771947_4744511051742052352_o.jpg

:)

https://www.amazon.com/Night-After-Extended-UK/dp/B07NN68JND/

Last edited:
I forgot about this one...
(Probably because it was a mostly CD edition. And that live album was their weakest release!)

How is the mix? Any new tracks that didn't make the original release that should have?

I thought the original band was hot. The first album sounded low budget and quickly produced but still had its charm.
The band half self destructed before the 2nd album. Bozzio is a great drummer of course but we got a watered down track (vs how it sounded live) that didn't make the first album and then some dreadful cocaine fueled pop drivel from Wetton that was a sign of things to come.

The live album had a couple good takes but a couple pretty bad ones too if I remember. I would have been more interested in a remix of the first album and any outtakes (like Carrying No Cross) performed by this lineup.

Anyway, can anyone comment on the sound and the mix on this one?

I know nothing about UK. Again...since I am GOS 3.0, I will not be buying this. For you fans........have at it! :)

Finally...the metamorphosis is complete...3.0 is finally complete...a lean...mean(well not rude)fiscally responsible machine...now if he would just work on that avatar(bring back Ted)😝

Just pre-ordered the set from amazon.com
Tim loaned me his box set a few years ago, and I did enjoy the "Night After Night" 5.1 mix, but I could not justify the cost of the box set for just that disc.
Now it's exactly the price I want it to be!
Thanks Eddie!

:)

Last edited:
HOT STUFF, Mike!

BTW, how does the Amazon Rewards points work?
The AMZN CC advertises 3% back for normal customers and 5% for Prime, for AMZN purchases, and a bit lower for other purchases. I think that value periodically shows up as points, which match the usd.
At least I think that's where these points come from!
You can choose to apply them, or not, at checkout.

The AMZN CC advertises 3% back for normal customers and 5% for Prime, for AMZN purchases, and a bit lower for other purchases. I think that value periodically shows up as points, which match the usd.
At least I think that's where these points come from!
You can choose to apply them, or not, at checkout.

I don't have an Amazon CC ... but run all my Amazon purchases through my business CC [for hopefully, a complete write off]. But my accountant is SO anal .... wonder if he applies the write off [or considers it a personal expense].

Last edited:
I've only listened once and can't remember what the surround is like, no conference calls planned so hopefully I'll get to give it a listen to tomorrow and report back.
My view is buy it, the performance is brilliant, the surround just enhances what is a great gig, musicianship, and music. Jobson, Wetton, and Bozzio at their best. The surround mix is what I would call supportive (so not wrap round or double stereo), so things happen in the rears, but it is more front centric at times (vocals very centre), occasionally ambience/audience only in the rears. If anything I would say the rear channels need boosting in level (and my seat is closer to them).

Back