UK "Night After Night" CD/Blu-Ray set (with Bob Clearmountain 5.1 mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listen to the Danger Money album tracks performed live by the original lineup. They really watered the arrangements down for the 2nd studio album there.
I remember I liked the opening of that new title track right away. Some cool trippy stuff! It was fun to listen to again live on this set after a number of years actually. But... Dan ger mon y der der der derdle dert DER! What the hell is that?! And how about that AM radio track? You know the one...

Fun fact: Right after this band broke up Bozzio did that fully tongue in cheek practical joke that was Missing Persons. :D
Still funny!

Asia BTW did not sound like a psychedelic avant garde masterpiece that was a cross between King Crimson, Yes, and ELP! Not even a little bit! You've been warned...

Holy crap, anybody seen what this is selling for now? šŸ˜µ

A Terry Bozzio mention in the Apple Atmos thread sent me to my shelf, then to discogs.

https://www.discogs.com/release/13380871-UK-Night-After-Night-Extended
First offer of $200 from a QQ sister or brother takes my NM copy, US media mail on me.
I don't listen to it enough not to re-home it at these prices.
International offers welcome.
Low-ball offers, not.

Dearest off-topic vigilantes: I will donate $20 to QQ if sold as my penance, thanks for your tolerance and understanding.

Last edited:
Holy crap, anybody seen what this is selling for now? šŸ˜µ
Yep, I missed it when it was new and ended up grabbing a used copy at a local brick-and-mortar for $75 a few months back. It seemed reasonable compared to the asking prices on eBay and Discogs nowadays.
Early dementia is setting in, and I'm probably sundowning a little right now, but I see no poll?
Easily remedied :)
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/uk-night-after-night-extended-blu-ray-audio.32206/

Yep, I missed it when it was new and ended up grabbing a used copy at a local brick-and-mortar for $75 a few months back. It seemed reasonable compared to the asking prices on eBay and Discogs nowadays.

Easily remedied :)
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/uk-night-after-night-extended-blu-ray-audio.32206/

Thanks, you are killin' it, Jr. Mod, from Q8 to blu ray, on a righteous mission!
Moving the needle in the polls daily across the board, leaving a lasting legacy for as long as we can keep the servers running. (y)

I love UK but this extended version fell under my radar. I'm deeply pissed I missed out on it.
Allow me to rub it in even deeper, as it is an awesome release. It does justice to the original stereo mix, but adds a very refreshing approach to mixing a live show into surround. The mix almost literally reflects the view of the artists setup on stage from the audience perspective (that is: drums slightly to the right of the middle, bass and lead vocals firmly in the center and keys and violin slightly left of center), but it sounds amazing. Clever job.
Sorry, by the way ;)

Allow me to rub it in even deeper, as it is an awesome release. It does justice to the original stereo mix, but adds a very refreshing approach to mixing a live show into surround. The mix almost literally reflects the view of the artists setup on stage from the audience perspective (that is: drums slightly to the right of the middle, bass and lead vocals firmly in the center and keys and violin slightly left of center), but it sounds amazing. Clever job.
Sorry, by the way ;)

Grrrr...;)I did save the link from youtube so I've heard it and I do have the original release on vinyl so I guess there's that.

What makes you think Terry Bozzio considered Missing Persons to be a joke?
Yeah, the mind boggles... Bozzio took Missing Persons very seriously. Maybe he shouldn't have though...
Fact is he started it with lots of ambition and a stellar line-up, with Pat O'Hearn and Warren Cuccurullo who are also Zappa alumni. Nothing funny about that line-up at all, in my book. It just never really took off, no matter how much I loved the first album (Spring Session M). What came after that was not all that great. But to call it a joke? Nah.

Fans like to project their own feelings onto bands.

MP racked up two songs that got decent radio play in the Hot 100 (Words and Destination Unknown, I remember hearing them in rotation) and the first album went gold. Not bad for a 'joke'. MP was more a labor of love, actually.

Grrrr...;)I did save the link from youtube so I've heard it and I do have the original release on vinyl so I guess there's that.
I wore that vinyl out myself; this complete show is so much more satisfying having seen them multiple times. I have it by virtue of the UK box set so I didn't pickup the stand-alone release. I would not expect the box set to be issued again but maybe on the stand-alone release one day.

The Bob Clearmountain mix is a monster. He did a pretty deep dive into the tracks. The band isn't quite the same as the original lineup at this point but this is still great stuff. (A couple cheesy new songs aside. Asia test run? Haha)

The studio albums here are grossly inferior copies however. Volume war mastered. One of the live shows was a better copy than the shared copy making the rounds that I had. The other was very inferior to the shared copy making the rounds that I had. (Perhaps I had a bad copy of that first one mentioned? Hmmm...) Again, volume war treble blast territory. The Bob Clearmountain 5.1 mix is unmolested and great!

I wore that vinyl out myself; this complete show is so much more satisfying having seen them multiple times. I have it by virtue of the UK box set so I didn't pickup the stand-alone release. I would not expect the box set to be issued again but maybe on the stand-alone release one day.
Yo, Tim, did NOT know you had seen them live, KEWL!!!
You guys know that they were my FIRST CONCERT EVER and WHAT A CONCERT TO LOSE MY VIRGINITY WITH!
Also saw them in their last "tour" ever with JW in 2015 in London in Under the bridge club, AAMOF I am wearing today the Tshirt I got that day.... met Eddie and he is deffo a Gentleman,,there is a pic of me and Eddie I uploaded somewhere in this Forum...maybe in the "recent gigs" thread..
I got this disc TWiCE, once in the UK box set and also in the standalone version... you can hear the extra voices that were recorded in the studio later for the songs that were in the NaN album as opposed to the ones that were not in the LP...
LOVE the mix, totally radical...

Back