Ulead Burn Now

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Quick review...

This software (and hopefully more to come) could mean a serious breakthrough for DVD-Audio..

I installed the 30 (Full Working) demo.. And started playing with it..

Not all media files seem to be supported.. WAV 44/32.. for example..

Since I just had some mp3's available on my HD.. I started the wizard..

It gave me several options including Audio-DVD & DVD-Audio..

I choose DVD-Audio... A clean (Ulead) interface opened.. Allowed me to add mediafiles... I inserted 17 mp3's.. Dragged them in my personal order..

While clicking around in the program I found No group or menu options.. So I presume this is very basic...

I choose burn.. And Yes... It started saying something about being 1.5 gb in size and muxing AOB files.. That was good news...

It's burning at the moment ..

Now It's finished .. And indeed the discstructure contains AOB files on the AUDIO_TS directory...

WooooWooooo

Hopefully this means that ulead will be implementing DVD-Audio in more of there software.. Think DVDWorkshop....!!!

Will be back later with playing experiences...

Quick Review .. Part II

Both Windvd6 & Powerdvd6 recognised the disc as DVD-Audio & played w/o a problem...

Full Marks for that as for some misterious reason Powerdvd refuses to play DVD-Audio discs burned with Wavelab 5..

On the discs there's no menu.. It just plays the tracks & stops...

I quickly checked the options/info in powerdvd and found out that the files were upconverted to 48Khz.. Don't think that theres a need for it in DVD-Audio..

Because of the lack of menu I haven't been able to import the DVD-Audio tracks back in Wavelab to see what else that's been done...

If anyone has a solution to that I'll gladly help by analising my disc..

Quick note.
44/32 is not a valid file format for DVD-A.
You can have anything from 16/44.1 to 24/192 in Stereo, or from 16/44.1 to 24/96 In Surround, with the caveat that 5.1 24/96 requires mandatory MLP encoding.

I am just downloading the manual for this to see exactly what it's DVD-A capability is.
And it looks very much like the ONLY format supported here is 16/44.1 Stereo.
No High Res support at all.
So - for the money paid, that figures.
Not worthwhile, IMHO.
Spend the $99 and get discWelder Bronze, or $500 and get WaveLab 5 or Steel.
If you want full feature DVD-A, you need $5,000 and Chrome 2 with SurCode MLP

neil wilkes said:
And it looks very much like the ONLY format supported here is 16/44.1 Stereo.
No High Res support at all.

In short: useless. I can't think a single use for such a format other than store 10 cd on a single disc without going the MP3 way.

it's free on the cover disk of PCW this month, don't think I'll bother.
The dvd-solo looks good it also looks to be tied to a particular PC which I'm always wary off.
I think I'll blow the cash and get the diskwelder bronze

Back