Steven Wilson Ultravox "Quartet" (Steven Wilson 5.1 mix out in May!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so is there really no way to get the surround versions of Vienna, Rage , Quartet other than these sets - no streaming or download ?
I have multiple copies of each of these and the demos and live track aren’t of interest sadly

so is there really no way to get the surround versions of Vienna, Rage , Quartet other than these sets - no streaming or download ?
I have multiple copies of each of these and the demos and live track aren’t of interest sadly
Unfortunately not that I know of. I’m in the same boat as you, I have yet to pull the trigger on any of these as I have not heard the music and have no interest in the other discs.

And even though I’m sure they sound great, the surround mixes have been relegated to lossy DTS 5.1 on DVD.

I opted to purchase the Vienna set for sentimental reasons but haven't pulled the trigger on the others for the same reasons as above - the live and bonus material just isn't that compelling even though the surround mix is excellent. Sadly, I doubt we'll see any cheaper options to obtain these mixes. Paying between $60 - $70 for a 5.1 dvd is just too much for these titles IMHO.

Last edited:
Perhaps another reason to get Vienna over the others is that it appears to be limited to 500 copies (according to TownsendMusic which I think is also the artist's own 'official store'). In which case I'm surprised its not sold out yet ?!?
Rage in Eden and Quarter don't mention being limited in number.

And even though I’m sure they sound great, the surround mixes have been relegated to lossy DTS 5.1 on DVD.
....which might present the excuse for another release in time (clutching at straws, but hey ABC did similar with Lexicon via SDE)

Well............not quite like for like I grant you (!), but as in they released a big deluxe set package including the surround sound versions, but then allowed SDE to release a blu-ray only version separately.
In this case the justification for yet another release would be that its not yet released on blu-ray / high res. That said if the Vienna box was really limited to 500 and not yet sold-out that might not encourage another release. But maybe it was the price / format / extra material that deterred buyers .....?

Where did you read that the Vienna box was limited to 500 copies? I highly doubt it was that small a run, especially since it first came out in Fall 2020 and appears to be still in-print.

https://ultravox.tmstor.es/product/67596
1709678072073.png

I'm not convinced either .....

That's probably referring to the latest manufacturing run?

A quick google search shows it's still available for around $60 on Amazon US, Target, Burning Shed, and various other online retailers.

Back