Steven Wilson Ultravox "Quartet" (Steven Wilson 5.1 mix out in May!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now officially announced and available for preorder on Ultravox's own webstore, including this beautiful pack shot:
114545-1e72437119f8561fede102a1e9f5260a.png

Moose has been so unpredictable last couple years on price. Let me resay it. They have been running higher on average than most. That's why I stopped buying there....

True. They are often higher than the competition. But in this case they seem to be beating most of the competition. However unlike ImportCDs, they do have excellent customer service and It's very easy to cancel an order with them on their website, if needed. And then of course there is the Moose points. Also, they are very fast to ship. I often have things a day or two before release date.

True. They are often higher than the competition. But in this case they seem to be beating most of the competition. However unlike ImportCDs, they do have excellent customer service and It's very easy to cancel an order with them on their website, if needed. And then of course there is the Moose points. Also, they are very fast to ship. I often have things a day or two before release date.
Yeah, beating Amazon, that's why I mentioned it. And yes, super customer support.

Steven just posted the following on his Facebook page:

My stereo and 5.1 surround sound remixes of Ultravox’s 1982 album Quartet will be reissued on 7th July as part of a seven disc set dedicated to the album.

The band’s third album with Midge Ure delivered four UK Top 20 singles, ‘Reap The Wild Wind’, ‘We Came To Dance’, ‘Visions In Blue’ and ‘Hymn’. It was produced by the legendary George Martin in AIR studios in both London and Montserrat, but sonically always sounded slightly muted compared to the other albums from the era, something I’ve tried to address with the new stereo mix. As with the previous sets in the series Vienna and Rage in Eden, the B-sides from the era (4 of them in this case) are also included as stereo and 5.1 remixes. The other discs included with the set feature the original 1982 version of the album, a CD of B-sides and rarities, ‘work in progress’ cassette rehearsals and two CDs of a concert recorded at Hammersmith Odeon in December 1982. The DVD includes both the original and new mixes in 96/24 high resolution. This box comes with a 20-page booklet and a reproduction of the Quartet tour programme.

Seems like typical US sources (Amazon US, CD Import, & Deep Discount) all revised the release date from July 7 to July 21 overnight.
Every time with this series. :(

And my Amazon order says "we'll email you when available" - Ugh Might have to switch to ordering from Burning Shed. they haven't changed the date yet

Back