Quantcast

Ultravox "Vienna" (Steven Wilson 5.1 remix in October!)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I'd never heard of this album either, but the potential for an amazing surround experience is definitely there. I can totally imagine that left-to-right swirling effect in "New Europeans" going all the way around the room :)

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
The retailer probably had to take the listing down as it may have gone up too early, but amazon.co.uk will post a preorder soon: Vienna [Deluxe 40th Anniversary]: Amazon.co.uk: Music

:)
According to the amazon.co.uk listing, the release date of this set has been pushed back a few weeks to October 9th, which could also now be the same release date as another big Steven Wilson remix, so we better start saving now...

:)

haikubass

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
unclear from the SDE info, is it a DVD-Video or DVD-Audio disc?
dts 24/96, hence DVD-V - edit: sorry, it mentions hi-res and 'audio-only', so we might actually be getting a DVD-A, stealth or not stealth...
(source: official artist store)

Last edited:

haikubass

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
gotchya 🙂

what made me wonder if there might be a slim chance of Adv'd Res 5.1 is, there's another option listed above the DTS that simply says;

"96/24 5.1 Surround Sound Mix"

View attachment 54952
Man, I am sooo sceptical these days that I was easily put off by just seeing "dts" and thinking 'oh well, that's it'. Now I incline to believe it's actually a DVD-A :-o