Ultravox "Vienna" (Steven Wilson 5.1 remix in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case this sways anybody, deepdiscount has a 15% off coupon that you can use for pre-orders. It makes this set be $49.55 shipped for myself, which is about a dollar more than what Bull Moose says. The code is ENJOY. Its good until Wednesday the 26th at noon CST.

I'm still trying to figure out if I like this album enough (Never really truly listened to it until today) to justify another ~$50 purchase.

Last edited:
Is this listed on Amazon U.K. ?? Nothing coming up in search ??

Edit : Found it now - £31.96. Doesn't state anything about the mix. Is it in 5.1 ??

Wrong listing, found it now. Think i'm going to wait for feedback, before ordering.

Last edited:
Probably next years birthday for me. My Doobie Brothers box still not delivered yet. It arrived in AU on 23rd Sept, no tracking updates since...
My Doobie came to Norway the 1 of October,no movement after that. :cautious:
Will try to call Norwegian Post later today,as they are supposed to delver it to me someday.:unsure:o_O

Mine has arrived, these are the options.
DSC_0773.JPG

Hmmm...

So is there a 5.1 LPCM 96/24 mix (which would have to be MPL packed and placed within an AUDIO_TS folder) or isn't there?

EDIT: Has anybody checked to see if there's some hidden tracks buried in a folder?

Cheers

Last edited:
Where they being deliberatly misleading with this description? makes it look like there are 4 options.

I doubt that it was done to deliberately mislead. If anything, it is another example of some label's inability to have whoever is in charge of the overall product (audio files, visual content, authoring, & packaging) not employ enough knowledgeable testers to catch errors like this.

Very jealous of you having this for the weekend. I hope the mix is magnificent and can't wait to hear what Wilson's surround version of the title cut sounds like. I hope the low end is as tight as Soord's Versions of the Truth

Got mine today and went straight to the track "Vienna". Its an all time favorite song of mine. My wife can no longer stomach it due to the fact that I sang it non stop when we visited Austria years back. Anyways.....when Midge's harmonies came out of the rear speakers It blew me away. The coolest bit of the song is how you can distinctly hear each synth part of the "orchestra" right before the big finale. Killer stuff!!! Now on to the rest of it!

Just finished my first listen to this one. A completely different experience from The Seeds of Love. Steven employs a completely different mix approach here. I am sure that is largely due to these two albums being extremely different musically. Seeds of Love is densely layered with dozens of overdubs while Vienna is very sparse in its arrangements. Fittingly, Steven is employing a much more discrete approach here (Seeds of Love is much more immersive). Lots of discrete elements popping up in the rears and some stuff even occasionally flies around from speaker to speaker. An enjoyable mix. Glad I purchased it.

:)

Back