Uncertain quad reels on Ebay

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surround.sound.enthusiast

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Keep your eyes open folks, for some quad reels that are up for auction on Ebay, or may go up.

one example

The actual sources of the recording are uncertain (shall I say dubious?), and what caught my eye in the line-up was a purported copy of Pink Floyd: Animals in quad.

curious.jpg

What drew me in in the first place was the high price ($265!) for what looks like could be pirate copies. Come for a look, stay for a laugh.

One can see the Maxell blank tape logo on the spines that don't have copied art pasted on them.
At least they admit "Not Factory".

A lot of interesting stuff for sale, I don't see the PF Animals reel, so it must of sold. Was it an actual unreleased quad mix, possibly. Don't forget that Michael Robin came into possession of unreleased quads, so it might be possible. Anyway a lot of cool stuff for sale, I particularly like the 10.5" reels, especially the metal ones.

Last edited:
I want to say you can usually be VERY certain about Pink Floyd "quad reels" on Ebay. Certain they're phony as can be!

There was never an Animals quad mix of course so in this case we're 100% certain. Please do keep your eyes open folks! :D

Back