Dual Disc Unique use for DualDisc

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cai Campbell

In Remembrance
Since 2002/2003
Not really MultiChannel so maybe this should be in "off topic", but since the DualDisc section has been slow (dead?) lately I figured I'd throw out this almost-interesting tidbit.

I bumped into a gal at the local mall yesterday and we started up a conversation. She started talking about a business she was involved in and asked that I take a look. She handed me a promo disc and my eyes immediately fell on the DualDisc logo!

Basically, it's got a video promo on the DVD side and an audio promo on the CD side. Okay, so it's a boring news item, but I thought it was kind of weird seeing a non-music DualDisc.

Basically, it's got a video promo on the DVD side and an audio promo on the CD side. Okay, so it's a boring news item, but I thought it was kind of weird seeing a non-music DualDisc.

Well I guess the DualDisc folks after trying to sell them as small frisbee's for the last few months must have hit some executive in the head with one of them and the rest is history. :D

Not really MultiChannel so maybe this should be in "off topic", but since the DualDisc section has been slow (dead?) lately I figured I'd throw out this almost-interesting tidbit.

I bumped into a gal at the local mall yesterday and we started up a conversation. She started talking about a business she was involved in and asked that I take a look. She handed me a promo disc and my eyes immediately fell on the DualDisc logo!

Better would be a regular release on one side with sampler/promo on the other.

Kal

Better would be a regular release on one side with sampler/promo on the other.
\Kal

So you are saying that this gal that Cailen met should have sung something like the role of Fricka from Das Rheingold on the CD side and then on the DVD side she could have threatened the listener with more of the same if they didn't buy the product she was offering. Which would of course would have been magic helmets? ;)

So you are saying that this gal that Cailen met should have sung something like the role of Fricka from Das Rheingold on the CD side and then on the DVD side she could have threatened the listener with more of the same if they didn't buy the product she was offering. Which would of course would have been magic helmets? ;)
I do not know who you are talking about. My thought was that record companies could throw in samplers to promote their other issues with each sale.

Kal

Back