Unlock your OPPO Blu-ray player for all DVD regions!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually bought a region free universal player so I can play the audio on some DVD discs I own. There are also some that aren't available in my region (1 or 0)
Most of the Depeche Mode SACD were the Europe version. I couldn't play some of the DVD's that came with. Didn't know they did a great version of of the Stooges "Dirt" on the DVD of Exciter !!!

It unlocks all regions DVD or Blu-Ray region free. Dig?
Ok, that's a bit different then as I was reading the thread topic.
DVDs & Blu-rays aren't the same animal, obviously.
I have a region free chip plugged into an older Oppo BD player.

I have a Oppo BDP-103 & just to get this straight, the download hack that the OP is talking about here will work with both DVD & Blu-ray discs? W/o having to do the key strokes? ..from what I read on Ebay, it appears the keys strokes are needed with the USB hardware kit every time you change regions.

This is why I bought a X-800 region free player. I just put the disc in and it always plays
Yes, that would be nice. Like I always say, K.I.S.S.: keep it simple stupid!
But just to clarify what the main point I was asking about; this hack will allow you to play either a Blu-Ray or a DVD disc regardless of the region it is?
I'd appreicate feedback from any one who has installed this. Thanks........

Keystrokes are needed with the hardware solution. The software hack is nice, as far as it goes, but is an outdated firmware, essentially. If it has the functions you want, no worries.
FWIW, I spend virtually zero time messing with keystrokes on my hardware unlocked OPPO. I leave it on region B which works 95% of the time...

Keystrokes are needed with the hardware solution. The software hack is nice, as far as it goes, but is an outdated firmware, essentially. If it has the functions you want, no worries.
FWIW, I spend virtually zero time messing with keystrokes on my hardware unlocked OPPO. I leave it on region B which works 95% of the time...
Thanks much for the info regarding the software hack. Didn't know it was an outdated firmware or what it's down side might be. Hardware maybe the way to go. Keystokes would only take seconds to do.
The main reason I was considering this was because of the Kraftwerk - 3-d The Catalogue Blu-Ray & DVD. Just the 2 disc set. Don't know if that version was released in the US but I'm not seeing it. The only ones I'm seeing available, at a 'realistic price', are region B /region 2 .

The main reason I was considering this was because of the Kraftwerk - 3-d The Catalogue Blu-Ray & DVD. Just the 2 disc set. Don't know if that version was released in the US but I'm not seeing it. The only ones I'm seeing available, at a 'realistic price', are region B /region 2 .

In stock at Amazon US for $23.79, Region ABC: https://www.amazon.com/3-D-Catalogue-Blu-ray-DVD-Kraftwerk/dp/B06Y3YHJVC

71s7T6D2GCL._SX522_.jpg

Hey Barbazul
I just wanted to say thanks for the hack tip. I DL'ed the file & took about 5 secs to update my 105 (after burning the disc).
I have a lot of Japanese anime & concert videos & of course the Blu-Rays work fine. The DVD always required ripping with Slysoft & burning to disc or playing from my PC. So wonderful to just grab a DVD, any DVD, & push play.
Awesome!
Hi Sonik Wiz or Barbazul,
Sounds like you guys did this hack & it works fine for you. I downloaded it & wrote to disc, etc. I haven't gone to install in my Oppo yet though. Question: I'm wondering what the size of the finished file is on your disc?
Here's what I have- the downloaded file on hdd shows as 1,490,944 bytes, written onto the disc it's 634,880 bytes. Doesn't seem right...Is that the file size on your finished CD-r showed?
Thanks much!

Sounds like you guys did this hack & it works fine for you. I downloaded it & wrote to disc, etc. I haven't gone to install in my Oppo yet though. Question: I'm wondering what the size of the finished file is on your disc?
Here's what I have- the downloaded file on hdd shows as 1,490,944 bytes, written onto the disc it's 634,880 bytes. Doesn't seem right...Is that the file size on your finished CD-r showed?
Thanks much!
Yup it's a small one. The zip size shows 1.42 MB on my machine. I have discarded the disc CD I wrote it on so sorry I don't know what the ultimate size is. I expect you do have things correctly.

This page has the step-by-step procedure to make your Oppo play any DVD no matter what region it is!!! Just need a CDr, make it an image disc (ISO file to be downloaded) and insert it to your player. So it's an official and safety software mod. Oppo support in USA confirmed to me that it's a safe procedure!
Now I'm a happy Oppo UDP-203 owner playing my region 2 & 4 DVDs without a problem! :LB

Here's the link if you're insterested:

https://www.oppodigital.com.au/pages/superdisc-unlock-your-oppo-bluray-player-for-all-dvd-regions

Hey Barbazul -
This hack has unlocked my BDP-95 like a dream, and now I can play Jarre in China! It does not play in color, so the PAL/NTSC mismatch is still an issue, but I mostly wanted it for the music anyway. Yours should be nominated for the most useful post of 2019! Thank you very much!

Thanks much!

Yes, the files are very short! In fact, the Superdisc (resulting CDr) only has one folder with 4 files with no more than 52bytes in total. In my case, as soon as the CD was loaded, it was ejected by the Oppo (It took not even a second to be read).

Cheers!

Hey Barbazul -
This hack has unlocked my BDP-95 like a dream, and now I can play Jarre in China! It does not play in color, so the PAL/NTSC mismatch is still an issue, but I mostly wanted it for the music anyway. Yours should be nominated for the most useful post of 2019! Thank you very much!

Hey Fourplay, I'm happy this was useful for you. (y) You're so generous for your nomination! :)
I guess that the TV system issue is in your TV as I have some PAL DVDs and they play flawless on my UDP-203.

Cheers!

Yes, the files are very short! In fact, the Superdisc (resulting CDr) only has one folder with 4 files with no more than 52bytes in total. In my case, as soon as the CD was loaded, it was ejected by the Oppo (It took not even a second to be read).

Cheers!
Hi Barbazul,
Thanks for the info regarding this. I questioned it because the size of the files doesn't seem right after decompressing & burning to CD-R.
After you installed it, did it work? ....Does it play all Blu-Rays regardless of A,B,or C regions?
I haven't tried installing it in my Oppo BDP-103. I'm leaning towards the hardware solution to get multi-regions rather than software.
Thanks again.
Best regards, Bob

Hi Barbazul,
Thanks for the info regarding this. I questioned it because the size of the files doesn't seem right after decompressing & burning to CD-R.
After you installed it, did it work? ....Does it play all Blu-Rays regardless of A,B,or C regions?
I haven't tried installing it in my Oppo BDP-103. I'm leaning towards the hardware solution to get multi-regions rather than software.
Thanks again.
Best regards, Bob

Hi Imbobman, yes, it worked at first shot. The bad news for you is that this software mod is to make your oppo playback any DVD no matter the region it is, it won’t change anything about Blu-ray’s playback. I even doubt if there’s a software than can make it, as far I as I know, only physical mods will do it.

All the best.

Dredging up an old thread here.....I finally ran into a situation with a region two DVDV disc (Gary Moore) that my Oppo's would not play. So I did what I always do, search, search, search and of course I end up right back here at QQ!
Now, I've had the superdisc .iso file (mine is named super_disk.iso) sitting on one pc or another for years but never needed to use it.

Anyway there is one thing I don't understand about the above posts.

Some say it's not tied to any particular firmware, only that it needs to be used after any firmware upgrades. Others say it is.
The former would make more sense to me as the superdisc works on most or all Oppos? It's been a while since I read up on the superdisc at one of the wiki's, but IIRC this thread as I read it today, is the first time I've ever heard that it would essentially freeze or change the firmware somehow to some version on the superdisc. That would seem to imply that all Oppo's have the same basic firmware, which surely couldn't be.
(Now, I have older Oppo and Samsung players that have a firmware hack so as to play SACD-R but that's a different thing altogether, and they are indeed stuck on older firmware but only as long as I keep them "SACD-R enabled" unless/until some new hacks come along)

So what say you who have actually used the superdisc mod?

Dredging up an old thread here.....I finally ran into a situation with a region two DVDV disc (Gary Moore) that my Oppo's would not play. So I did what I always do, search, search, search and of course I end up right back here at QQ!
Now, I've had the superdisc .iso file (mine is named super_disk.iso) sitting on one pc or another for years but never needed to use it.

Anyway there is one thing I don't understand about the above posts.

Some say it's not tied to any particular firmware, only that it needs to be used after any firmware upgrades. Others say it is.
The former would make more sense to me as the superdisc works on most or all Oppos? It's been a while since I read up on the superdisc at one of the wiki's, but IIRC this thread as I read it today, is the first time I've ever heard that it would essentially freeze or change the firmware somehow to some version on the superdisc. That would seem to imply that all Oppo's have the same basic firmware, which surely couldn't be.
(Now, I have older Oppo and Samsung players that have a firmware hack so as to play SACD-R but that's a different thing altogether, and they are indeed stuck on older firmware but only as long as I keep them "SACD-R enabled" unless/until some new hacks come along)

So what say you who have actually used the superdisc mod?
Works great. DVD's, Blu-Rays any region glitch free. All though it is a firmware update it does not lock you into that forever if you want to change. About 6 months after installing I checked & there was an updtae for my Oppo but I declined. If I did that I would just have to re-do super disc update. So whether it freezes you into one update is amatter of choice. I haven't felt the need to mess with it one way or another it just works.

Works great. DVD's, Blu-Rays any region glitch free. All though it is a firmware update it does not lock you into that forever if you want to change. About 6 months after installing I checked & there was an updtae for my Oppo but I declined. If I did that I would just have to re-do super disc update. So whether it freezes you into one update is amatter of choice. I haven't felt the need to mess with it one way or another it just works.
Thanks, Wiz, I appreciate the feedback.
Truth is, perhaps entirely through luck I've only run into one disc the Oppo's wou ld not play. ....although I misspoke and said Gary Moore, It's actually BB King In Concert, 2003, PAL & region 2. It's one of those that BMG / IMAGE used to put out.

Back