Unofficial Quadio Future Title Poll (Please Vote)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which 1970's WEA quad titles would you BUY if they were released as Quadio Discs?

• Total voters
There's also a "Steve Miller Live" unreleased Quad mix just sitting in the vaults at Capitol that was mentioned as a possible Quadio release. It would be REAL interesting to know what that sounds like. It might also have some "Book of Dreams" songs on it, not sure. Would love to hear how aggressive that mix is, what songs are on it and when it was mixed. At this point, somthing never ever released before in Quad but already mixed would be great to hear as well.

I hope the Steve Miller live is not like the tracks that appear on "The Joker" where they're barely even stereo, let alone Quad. Also don't forget that Mr. Miller owns the rights to all his songs and this too would more than likely require his permission.

Then again, he might go for it. I've exchanged a few emails with him in the past and while he's not a multichannel advocate, he can understand why some like it and seems willing to give his fans what they want. He did mention to me a few years back just as the 30th Anniversart Fly Like an Eagle 5.1 came out that as soon as he finished up his new (at the time) album and tour he was going to seriously give some consideration to remixing Book of Dreams and possibly The Joker into 5.1

The Steve Miller 30th anniversary Fly Like An Eagle DID include a 5.1 Dolby digital live concert DVD. Could that be the concert they are referring to? Or is it the live album from the 80's?

The Steve Miller 30th anniversary Fly Like An Eagle DID include a 5.1 Dolby digital live concert DVD. Could that be the concert they are referring to? Or is it the live album from the 80's?

Good questions. We were under the impression this was an unreleased Quad mix. So it should be from the 1970s of an unreleased performance.

Steve Miller is a good guy, really nice, and I'll bet wouldn't mind any Quad mixes of his being released to the fans.

Frank and Joni are the only ones I am 100% sure of buying, so there went my votes. I would probably buy some of the others as well... :)

I wonder if that Steve Miller live quad recording is of the shows that were recorded for the King Biscuit Flower hour back in the 70's.[I have em in stereo on cd]

Am I wishing for too much?
I want a box set of all the Quad releases of:
The Doobie Brothers
Carly Simon
The Eagles
and one sigle release:
The Divine Ms M - Bette Midler

Jon, isn't it time to give up the ghost & unsticky this? Something tells me it's Chicago, Aretha & zippo.

at least we got the fabulous CTA Quad out of the Rhinio Quadio Fiascio... albeit a DVD-Video-io and not a DVD-Audio-io like it said-io on the nifty handmade-io cardboard-io sleeve-io.. before it all went tits up-io. I got the Aretha too just to support the programme - ha! blah-io! :)

I bought Aretha too. What a boneheaded dumbkoff move that was (mine and theirs). The whole quadio experience really poisoned me against Rhino in general...

Quaudio was another in a long line of slaps in the face from the music industry. Just look at how much the Chicago release continues to bring in now that it's out of print? Not only did Rhino ignore the demands for lossless (there is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE to not go lossless in this day and age, NO EXCUSE AT ALL!), but they ignored the feedback for a follow up release, and threw in the towel when the 2nd release didn't do well, which WE COULD HAVE TOLD THEM THAT. Plus, just because that release didn't do as well doesn't mean there weren't others....we told them what would sell, did they listen, NO! Bunch of incompetent morons.

Then, on top of that....look at the prices the Chicago release gets when resold now? Not only did they ignore the demands for future releases, they couldn't even be bothered to print up more copies of something that obviously would sell more copies.

I think whoever torrented the Chicago release immediately upon release had the right idea. Fuck them all, these corporate bastards no longer deserve to make money off of an industry they know nothing about.

Jon, isn't it time to give up the ghost & unsticky this? Something tells me it's Chicago, Aretha & zippo.

Alas, you are probably right. Into oblivion it goes, with the rest of broken promises and shattered dreams. :(

Quaudio was another in a long line of slaps in the face from the music industry. Just look at how much the Chicago release continues to bring in now that it's out of print? Not only did Rhino ignore the demands for lossless (there is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE to not go lossless in this day and age, NO EXCUSE AT ALL!), but they ignored the feedback for a follow up release, and threw in the towel when the 2nd release didn't do well, which WE COULD HAVE TOLD THEM THAT. Plus, just because that release didn't do as well doesn't mean there weren't others....we told them what would sell, did they listen, NO! Bunch of incompetent morons.

Then, on top of that....look at the prices the Chicago release gets when resold now? Not only did they ignore the demands for future releases, they couldn't even be bothered to print up more copies of something that obviously would sell more copies.

I think whoever torrented the Chicago release immediately upon release had the right idea. Fuck them all, these corporate bastards no longer deserve to make money off of an industry they know nothing about.

ArmyOfQuad is so right.

We told them nicely, we begged them to listen to us, we cried out for their attention, we bought their product and promoted it as best we all could (not just QQ), and they made a poor choice in title #2 (nothing against soul music or Aretha, it's just a title that was sold on a quad reel so the demand was automatically small) then seemed to point to the "poor sales" while ignoring the fantastic sales of the first title (and subsequent after market re-sale of that title)

We gave them data as to what would sell, we explained it and showed that the membership would even "put up with" non-lossless if we got the titles we wanted. We asked them for DVD-A, their own format, which would have cost pennies more to add, and again we were ignored.

I know there was a corporate takeover and downsizing at the birth of Quadio, but why start a program and kill it off when there was money to be made, no matter who was in charge.

As stated above, it's just another case of broken promises and shattered dreams.

ArmyOfQuad is so right.

We told them nicely, we begged them to listen to us, we cried out for their attention, we bought their product and promoted it as best we all could (not just QQ), and they made a poor choice in title #2 (nothing against soul music or Aretha, it's just a title that was sold on a quad reel so the demand was automatically small) then seemed to point to the "poor sales" while ignoring the fantastic sales of the first title (and subsequent after market re-sale of that title)We gave them data as to what would sell, we explained it and showed that the membership would even "put up with" non-lossless if we got the titles we wanted. We asked them for DVD-A, their own format, which would have cost pennies more to add, and again we were ignored.

I know there was a corporate takeover and downsizing at the birth of Quadio, but why start a program and kill it off when there was money to be made, no matter who was in charge.

As stated above, it's just another case of broken promises and shattered dreams.
When it comes down to money vs. ego, ego always wins. Surround didn't sell & they are damned well gonna prove it by killing it every chance they get.

I think its now time for Warner to release these on Blu-ray... please.....please....:eek:

Or what could still be. The only way to battle downloads is to offer something they can't. Perhaps the universal nature of Blu Ray is enough to be a foot in the door? The majority will be stereo no doubt but goodness sakes if anybody at Warner has an inkling of what incredible unreleased surround material they're sitting on, there is some hope. Many of the egos are gone and some fresh faces need to be alerted to these possibilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back