Unreleased Fleetwood Mac 5.1 mixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bumped into this today (Fleetwood Mac Laserdisc - how rare is this ?):

Re Fleetwood Mac: Documentary and Live Concert (1980)

Quotes:

The Fleetwood Mac disc was a program that was made specifically for release on MCA DiscoVision and a lot of money was spent on it for the audio mix, etc... (Not that you'd know it from the final mix). Due to delays on MCA's part, it was actually released on tape first - with mono sound of course. And although its not marked anywhere on the disc jacket, the program is mixed/encoded in the CBS SQ Quadraphonic Matrix - but again, the mix is so bad that even decoded through the very best SQ decoder ever made, the Fosgate Tate II 101A SQ decoder, the sound is still awful and doesn't sound much like quad at all.

The sound on Fleetwood Mac is what damns the disc so heavily - when decoded into its 4 channels it sounds a bit better and you can hear vocals better, but its still sub par, especially considering the work that they put into it.

Last edited:
Every Fleetwood Mac album from Then Play On until Tango In The Night should be released in surround. This is part of the natural order of the universe:)
All surround mixes released thus far have been warmly received, so keep bringing 'em on!!!

I can't say I would buy lots of FM albums in 5.1, but I would definitely add the self-titled album to the Rumours SACD I already have.

Back