• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Up to 50% Off SACD Sale at Acoustic Sounds - Includes Over 140 SACDs

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova

colman

Most of the ones I’ve clicked on so far are either stereo or mono… Do you know which ones are in surround?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmoura

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003

ar surround

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
One of the Creedence SACD's is on sale for $15; but the others remain at $30 a pop. Then again, there is a code for 15% off!

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I guess I'm totally spoiled by Dutton Vocalion...
JOIN THE CLUB! D~V's 2 Superbly remastered QUAD titles for the SAME price as 1 AP Stereo/Mono SACD even @ 50% off!

Why do you think I canceled the upcoming Rick Wakeman RED PLANET CD/DVD 'set' with no 5.1 remix ..... @ $41 delivered IT WAS A TOTAL RIFOFF!

Last edited:

humprof

ImportCD still has Madman Across the Water and Tumbleweed Connection IN STOCK for $12.68 with Elton John on backorder!
Interesting. A few months ago all the usual suspects (AS, DD, ImportCDs) were showing all of them on backorder--for several weeks in a row. I just assumed they were finally gone. UMe apparently found a few more boxes in the back of a closet. Or something.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
There are some really good ones, especially in the jazz section, I'll have to decide what I want!

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Silly me. Should've added this CLASSIC Sonny Boy Williamson title to my order ....... oh, well, time to create another order and it seems Acoustic Sounds has also relaxed their NO FURTHER DISCOUNT AVAILABLE status to almost all of their SACDs which means 15% off newly released AP Titles as well as MoFi Stereo SACDS!

And for Jacintha fans, don't overlook this newest gem mastered by Bernie Grundman from 1/4 inch 30 ips masters:

Last edited:

soundboy

QQ Supporter
Where is that $1,200 check from the government??

I ordered 12 SACDs nonetheless. The IRS will just have to do without my contribution until July.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Where is that $1,200 check from the government??

I ordered 12 SACDs nonetheless. The IRS will just have to do without my contribution until July.
Don't hold your breath, soundboy for that checkie from the IRS .... They're short staffed.

As we speak, I'm playing my EXQUISITE Sonny Boy Williamson Stereo SACD which just arrived today and last night I ordered 5 more discs from Acoustic Sounds including THE BEST OF THE JAMES GANG.

So far, ALL those 50% off AP Stereo SACDS sound FANTASTIC.

BTW, I ain't gitting nuttin' from the U S GOV ..... as I don't qualify.

Last edited:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
BTW, as of TODAY [March 30th], although Acoustic Sounds is still offering 50% off on a select number of SACDs, their 15% off discount has lapsed [now 10%] and they've unfortunately reinstated NOT ELIGIBLE FOR FURTHER DISCOUNT on a LOT of their SACDs.

Thankfully, I managed to procure BEST of the James Gang and Wonderful Sound of Female Vocals [OUTSTANDING, BTW] for 15% off.