Upcoming Sony Multichannel Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCunningham

Since most of these upcoming Sony 5.1 surround titles haven't been announced here, I thought I'd list them for those in the forum that might be interested. All are currently available for pre-order through the Music Direct website and dates listed are from their site as well.

JULY 2
AMANDA MARSHALL - EVERYBODY 5.1
EARTH WIND & FIRE - ALIVE '75 5.1
JENNIFER LOPEZ - J.LO 5.1
JORMA KAUKONEN - BLUE COUNTRY HEART 5.1
GLORIA ESTEFAN - GREATEST HITS 5.1
MEAT LOAF - BAT OUT OF HELL 5.1
OASIS - HEATHEN CHEMISTRY 5.1

JULY 30
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN - LIVE IN NEW YORK CITY 5.1
JAMES TAYLOR - JT 5.1
JANIS JOPLIN/BIG BROTHER - CHEAP THRILLS 5.1

AUG 6
BILLIE HOLIDAY - LADY SATIN 5.1

I've been waiting for the "Cheap Thrills" release since I first found out about it. My biggest concern is how well the 5.1 mix turns out. I'm hoping that it comes out as good as the recent Toto IV release which btw, for those that haven't heard it yet, is excellent.

There have been a couple of changes on the release dates for the Sony Multichannel SACDs since Music Direct listed them as pre-orders.

I've listed the revised dates I have, along with links to my web site listings of the current and upcoming Multichannel SACDs in the US, Europe and Japan:

Now Available
(ourworld.compuserve.com/h...acdnew.htm )
---------------------------------------------------
AMANDA MARSHALL - EVERYBODY HAS A STORY (Available on 6/25)

Upcoming Releases
(ourworld.compuserve.com/h...acdpln.htm )
---------------------------------------------------
JULY 30
JAMES TAYLOR - JT 5.1

AUG 6
BILLIE HOLIDAY - LADY IN SATIN 5.1
EARTH WIND & FIRE - ALIVE IN '75 5.1

AUG 13

NO RELEASE DATE AVAILABLE

>>Upcoming Sony Multichannel Releases
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since most of these upcoming Sony 5.1 surround titles haven't been announced here, I thought I'd list them for those in the forum that might be interested. All are currently available for pre-order through the Music Direct website and dates listed are from their site as well.

JULY 2
AMANDA MARSHALL - EVERYBODY 5.1
EARTH WIND & FIRE - ALIVE '75 5.1

JULY 30
JAMES TAYLOR - JT 5.1

AUG 6
BILLIE HOLIDAY - LADY SATIN 5.1

I've been waiting for the "Cheap Thrills" release since I first found out about it. My biggest concern is how well the 5.1 mix turns out. I'm hoping that it comes out as good as the recent Toto IV release which btw, for those that haven't heard it yet, is excellent. <<

Acoustic Sounds has the surround version of Meat Loaf - "Bat Out of Hell" listed for sale on their website, so I ordered it. They sent me the stereo version. I then saw that the surround version had not even been released yet! I called them up and made a stink and told them to correct their friggin' web site. I just checked and they are STILL listing the multi-channel version for sale, without even indicating a stereo version. ACOUSTIC SOUNDS, GET WITH THE PROGRAM!

I hate having to return merchandise...

Cai,

I know what you mean there. Unfortunately many of the web stores don't show you what is available and what is simply "coming soon".

The web store I would recommend you try is Elusive Disc. That web site not only shows you the 350+ SACDs that they carry, but better yet, it shows whether or not each one is in stock!

My experience with Elusive Disc is, when they say on the web site that the SACD is in stock - it is. And they ship it out right away. I wish the other SACD web stores would add this "in stock" or "out of stock" information to their sites.

As for SACD pre-orders, I know that Red Trumpet is taking them as Mike Cunningham noted above. And I bet that Elusive Disc and the others will probably follow suit soon. Once that happens, hopefully the sort of problem you had will be avoided.

One other note, after some early problems re: Stereo or Multichannel version, Sony Music has started giving the Multichannel SACDs that were previously available as Stereo SACDs new catalog numbers. This had not been done in the past. So with the Meatloaf "Bat Out of Hell" album, the Stereo SACD carries the catalog number ES 34974 while the Multichannel SACD coming out in August will carry catalog number ES 62171. Hopefully that will also prevent format ordering mixups, like the one you described at Acoustic Sounds, in the future.

Happy listening !

Back