Uriah Heep

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCunningham

Quadfather,

I opened this thread as I know that you are also a Uriah Heep fan and wanted to give you the heads up on a new dvd video being released. I'm sure you're already aware of the Uriah Heep:Best Of Vol 2 dvd-a coming out next Tues from Silverline, but there is also a new dvd video being released next Tues as well. Uriah Heep: The Magician's Birthday Party. I don't have info as to whether it'll have a 5.1 soundtrack as yet, but here's the synopsis of the disc from DVD Planet's website. The only other track that I wish was on it would be "The Wizard", but this should still be a great video.

Synopsis: This is the stunning film of one magical evening in London when Uriah Heep were joined on stage by former members Ken Hensley and John Lawton for a unique reunion concert, featuring the very best of Uriah Heep live. Tracks include: Return to Fantasy, Stealin', Tales, Sweet Pretender, Between Two Worlds, Logical Progression, Mistress of All Time, I'll Keep on Tryin', July Morning, Paradise/The Spell, Circle of Hands, The Magician's Birthday, Sympathy, Free 'n' Easy, Sunrise and Easy Living.

That would be very interesting. Yes, I am a heep fan. I would have two questions about this disc. I quit buying DVD Video concert discs because they can't be trusted to be targeted as a listening oriented product. So, if you buy the disc, could you answer these questions for me?

Is the performance continuos from the time the music starts to the end?

Is it real surround and is it done well? Lots of special effects would be appropriate for Heep.

Is the performance a good one? I remember the Uriah Heep Live album that was released in the seventies. They used another member of the band to sing some of the songs instead of Ken Hensley, most notably, July Morning, the result was less desirable. The subsitution was not apropriate, the album a disappointment.

Anyway, if the answers are "yes" to these questions, I would be very interested. A DVD Video done well is a good thing. But, without knowing, I don't buy because there's just too much junk out there.

Back