using specweb to create 4.0 files

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Brent

300 Club - QQ All-Star
first - I apologize, I know this has been addressed, but I can not for the life of me, find it.

how do I turn off the c and lfe channels - all I want to do is create a 4.0 output (not
the default 5.1)

thanks - and again, sorry for the repeat - just don't seem to be able to find the right search options
to get this answer

Bill

I had this same question and Z answered it. It's function of the spec.ini file. Let me get my notes..................

In your ini file, change 'speakerangles' to 30,330,0,110,250. This will give you a 4.1 output.

What I did was create a spec-51.ini file and a spec-41.ini file, backed them up, then I just rename them to spec.ini when I want to use them.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/specweb-1-0-now-1-5.21473/post-423042

thanks for taking the time to answer, and pity on a poor slob who can do a search. if i can further impose - what would be the option for
vreating a 4.0 output file?

thanks

Bill,

No problem. Glad I could be of some help to you.

As for your question, I am not sure. The easiest way to do it is to create the 4.1 then mute the LFE if you don't want it, or convert the 4.1 file to 4.0 in an audio editor by just removing the LFE.

Aside from those ideas, you'd have to ask Zerosurround. He does check that thread I linked to, so pop a question in that thread and maybe he'll respond.

Bill,

No problem. Glad I could be of some help to you.

As for your question, I am not sure. The easiest way to do it is to create the 4.1 then mute the LFE if you don't want it, or convert the 4.1 file to 4.0 in an audio editor by just removing the LFE.

Aside from those ideas, you'd have to ask Zerosurround. He does check that thread I linked to, so pop a question in that thread and maybe he'll respond.

thanks - think I got it - once you said the key was the ini file - I was able to get what I need - there is a value for each of the channels - and if I set it to -110 they are still there, but empty
[gain]
;0 zero pregain here = -12dB pregain in Plogue Spec. If bit depth is not 32f AND you clip, SpecWeb will run
; again with a pregain calculated to avoid clipping.
;defaults all zero (dB)
; use -110 for LFE to turn off LFE (5.0 vs. 5.1) and speed up processing
pregain=0.0
lf=0
rf=0
c=-110
lfe=-110
ls=0
rs=0

thanks again

Back