Valiant effort on Valor IDA-700

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadchuck

Back nearly a decade ago I bought a Valor car stereo. I didn't open box for a year, and when I realized I had it on shelf, I installed it in car only to find it broken.
Valor in City of Industry was willing to offer me a replacement but it didn't have the hidden feature of DTS decoding. I instead tried numerous attempts to fix unit.
Earlier this year I was resigned it would never work but relentless searching on the web I found a site Operadio that had the closest cd/dvd mechanism that resembled
the Valor unit. Aliexpress had several vendors that had NOS loaders and I bought from one that offered 3 units for $50.
Coming from China I was dubious, but $50 was small enough to lose if it didn't work out. I got the units and one was broken just like the Valor and 2 worked, so I used the best of the 2. I did have to change the decoding board and it may have slightly altered factory alignment , but in the end it worked.
I now have it in the car and though it has some interesting ways it works , it's nice to have it working.
My Pioneer dvh 5000mp allows you to E.Q, dts and DDigital, funny since my home Pioneer units don't allow E.Q. per the decoding standards.
The Valor follows those standards and doesn't allow you to E.Q. during dts or Dolby surround playback.
It was a journey of a 1000 miles

Back