Van Der Graaf Generator - 5.1 mixes coming in 2021. It's happening!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im glad I ordered the big box. For the amount of content the price is really reasonable......I preordered from amazonuk so the price was good
This is limited I dont think it will be a problem selling the box later if you lose interest

4ears just manup and buy it. There is a special level in Hell for those who choose lossy over true lossless high resolution.....

Hell yes! Me too!!! PLus, I don't confess to being a huge fan of the band...so this is an amazing option for me.
LOL!!!!
I ended up doing the same thing for the same reason, and this morning as well. Couldn't believe when I checked back a few hours later and had an email that they are on their way.
I really was on the fence for this release but, in the end, I just couldn't let it pass by.

Reactions: GOS
Around $100 for four compact CD/DVD sets instead of $176 for another big box that won't fit in my closet? I'm happy to reside in that 'special level of hell' :)

See the source image

I THINK I NEED A BIGGER CLOSET!

USPS just posted that my DVDs are in Los Angeles. Yay. I probably won't see them until Tuesday or Wednesday, but at least they didn't get hung up in international waters somewhere. :)

A warning to anyone thinking of getting this who may have previously had problems with Gentle Giant 'Freehand' Bluray.

Once again the discs are authored (by Ray Shulman) with a JavaScript that means they will not play in many older machines, including some Oppo and Sony players. This is the 3rd time now this had happened (the 1st was Chris Squires 'Fish Out Of Water' also authored by Ray Shulman).

I have a very large collection and only these 3 refuse to play. No problem with the Alan Parsons Project, Tears For Fears etc.

For myself I'm simply not in a position to afford to buy a new universal player to replace my Oppo so I won't be able to buy any Ray Shulman authored discs in future. I've contacted Esoteric and Alucard before about this but obviously either Ray isn't sufficiently aware or isn't prepared to solve this issue going forward.

I've been looking forward to this box a great deal and am totally disheartened that this issue isn't getting resolved.

R E

A warning to anyone thinking of getting this who may have previously had problems with Gentle Giant 'Freehand' Bluray.

Once again the discs are authored (by Ray Shulman) with a JavaScript that means they will not play in many older machines, including some Oppo and Sony players. This is the 3rd time now this had happened (the 1st was Chris Squires 'Fish Out Of Water' also authored by Ray Shulman).

I have a very large collection and only these 3 refuse to play. No problem with the Alan Parsons Project, Tears For Fears etc.

For myself I'm simply not in a position to afford to buy a new universal player to replace my Oppo so I won't be able to buy any Ray Shulman authored discs in future. I've contacted Esoteric and Alucard before about this but obviously either Ray isn't sufficiently aware or isn't prepared to solve this issue going forward.

I've been looking forward to this box a great deal and am totally disheartened that this issue isn't getting resolved.

R E

If the mix is good, it might be worth getting a $15 flash drive and converting the blu-ray to mkv with the free MakeMKV software. Simply plug the flash drive into the usb port of the Oppo. Good luck.

If the mix is good, it might be worth getting a $15 flash drive and converting the blu-ray to mkv with the free MakeMKV software. Simply plug the flash drive into the usb port of the Oppo. Good luck.
You'll also need a compatible BD-ROM drive for your computer, of course.

Back