Van Der Graaf Generator - 5.1 mixes coming in 2021. It's happening!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colsky

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
The latest Prog magazine arrived this morning, including a big Peter Hammill article. Within this was a sub piece about current Van Der Graaf news, and Peter Hammill says that the band's classic albums are now owned by Universal, and reissues are coming later this year. He says that these will include 5.1 mixes, which have already been done. Well I for one will go with :LB:51QQ:SB:LB.

No details of format or how they'll be released, but he says the 5.1 mixes are excellent, and were done by Stephen Tayler (who I think mixed the recent Be Bop Deluxe reissue series), with Van Der Graaf's keyboardist/bassist Hugh Banton being heavily involved.

Never heard of them... which album should I start with?
Van der Graaf GeneratorH to He, Who Am the Only One- I think is a good start. The Least We Can Do Is Wave to Each Other was my first experience of VDGG. But I think H to He, is a good place to start. Pawn Hearts may be their finest hour. It is one intense album.

Van der Graaf GeneratorH to He, Who Am the Only One- I think is a good start. The Least We Can Do Is Wave to Each Other was my first experience of VDGG. But I think H to He, is a good place to start. Pawn Hearts may be their finest hour. It is one intense album.
Pawn Hearts is impressive!

Back