Van Der Graaf Generator - 5.1 mixes coming in 2021. It's happening!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can just toss it on the Autobahn. ;-)
The Kraftwerk Catalogue discs come in a smaller standard bluray sized box which I have housed on the bluray shelf already. The huge box it came in is empty except for the coffee-table book that I have never looked at once. It's very expendable.

Wow, this box looks incredible and priced very fairly! Just currently waiting for more purchase options in the U.S. before committing. I don’t own any surround music mixed by this remix engineer. How would you describe his approach…ambient…adventurous, etc.?

I'm going to stick with the box with 3 blurays that I ordered from Burning Shed.

Reactions: SHB
Wow, this box looks incredible and priced very fairly! Just currently waiting for more purchase options in the U.S. before committing. I don’t own any surround music mixed by this remix engineer. How would you describe his approach…ambient…adventurous, etc.?

@Stephen W Tayler has already remixed all 5 studio albums by Be-Bop Deluxe in 5.1 surround, and all 5 remixes are incredible!
Full of power and punch! He makes very good use of all 5 channels. I have no doubt that these VdGG 5.1 mixes will be amazing!

:)

The ImportCD price is pretty good, but when I add in their shipping and tax it comes to about $195, which is almost exactly what Burning Shed's price amounts to - I think maybe I'll go with the Shed as I know it'll get here intact.

That's my reasoning as well. Plus, I got burned by importcds on preorders for Ultravox and TFF last summer. I eventually got them anyway just this last week, but I'm not taking any chances with the VdGG box.

So, the "bundle" from Burning Shed...those DVD's...do they have the 5.1 mixes on them? What resolution are they?

So, the "bundle" from Burning Shed...those DVD's...do they have the 5.1 mixes on them? What resolution are they?
I've been wondering that too. I can't justify buying the big box. I think of all the A-list bands (Pink Floyd and The Beatles) box sets and I never listen to the extras from those. VGG is a band I am trying to like, no way I need more than the original album and the 5.1 mix.

Back