Dual Disc Van Zant?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splinter7

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Anybody out here a brother's Van Zant fan?
I saw the dual disc of the 2003 release "Brother To Brother" has a surround sound mix to it. The 15 second snippets I heard on the web sounded interesting in a country rock sort of way.

Can anyone comment on the album in whole and/or the surround mix?

I have it splinter7..

I like a lot.. The sound is great, but not superb. The album has a great feel and the surround is great too!

I am about to buy the DualDisc version since I like the way Silverline are making DualDisc (lot's of content) - like WMA version for my portable player. ;)

I can highly recomend this album, the songs are great too..

Cheers

I enjoyed the couple of albums on Silverline on DVD-A. The new album (Get Right With The Man) is on a Columbia Dual Disc. It's a bit more country and has some nice video stuff but it's only LPCM stereo.

'Van Zant - Brother To Brother' and 'Van Zant - Van Zant II' are a solid DVD-Audio release from Silverline. Excellent sound, balanced and discreet surround mix. It plays very nicely, the surround is full, the back channels are not quiet, as is customary with Silverline and the mix has real discreet elements. It motivates to listen repeatedly. It would also deserve a poll.

Back