Quad LP/Tape Poll VARIOUS ARTISTS: GRT Quad Sampler [Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "GRT Quad Sampler"

• 10: Great sound, mix, content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: Mediocrity Central

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
GRT Q 7101-101.

Program 1:

Mountain: Mississippi Queen
Exotic Guitars: Spanish Harlem
John Lee Hooker: Boogie With the Hook
B.B. King: Ghetto Woman
Jack McDuff: Up Up and Away

Program 2:
Lawrence Welk: Can't Take My Eyes Off You
The Grass Roots: Sooner or Later
John Klemmer: And We Were Lovers
Tony Mottola: Michelle
Woody Herman: Light My Fire

ED :)

My vote: 1 SUX!! I had a copy of this back in the day. Mine sounded as if it were recorded on one machine for the fronts, and a second machine on the rears. They were OUT OF SYNCH! I own the Mountain, Klemmer, Grass Roots & Hooker Q8's/LP's, so I opted not to get another copy.

$T2eC16NHJIQE9qUHsFUkBRbzIBHsfQ~~60_35.JPG

Linda: That would be the third GRT tape we've found with the front/rear sync error. I had an Eric Carmen, another member had a Joe Walsh and you've had this sampler. It's beginning to become a more common problem than originally thought.

This is a neat album, however the track listing should not be taken as gospel. B.B. King is on Track 2, while Sooner or Later ends Track 1. It's all over the place as well as the channel assignments. My copy seems to be all over the place. Mississippi Queen and Sooner or Later have the "fronts in the lefts" error, while Light my Fire seems to have a crossed channel as leads are in FR and BL. For a sampler, it does cover a tremendous range of genres, but they could have put a little more effort into it. I like the Capitol Sampler with the cheesy announcer at the end making flip puns about each song.... and always emphasizing CAPITOL QUAD. lol

Back