HiRez Poll Various Artists - INSIDE THE MUSIC: NEW AGE [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Various Artists - INSIDE THE MUSIC: NEW AGE

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this DVD-Audio disc of various artists. (y):phones(n)

(I do not have the track list for this title. If anyone wants to post it as a reply, I will integrate it with this first post - THANKS!)

One of the first DVD-As that I bought and it did a lot to convert me to the joys of hi-res, multi-channel. A pretty agressive surround mix where the material allows it. Some tracks like "Montezuma" are demo material. It's a shame that more of this type of music, particularly David Arkenstone's albums, never really emerged as 5.1 releases. A well thought out release - even the slidehow during the tracks is interesting.

TRACK LIST

Here Comes The Night: 3rd Force
Bandelero: Neal Schon
Cielo Sin Nubes: Lara & Reyes
Blue Universe: Craig Chaquico
Christofori's Dream: David Lanz
The Promise: Vaz
Shakin' Not Stirred: Brian Hughes
Barcelona Nights: Ottmar Liebert
Montezuma: Cusco
Paradiso: Jonathan Cain
Firedance: David Arkenstone
Loose Change: EKO

Jeez, I'd forgotten all about this one, and for good reason: while the sonics are exceptional and some tracks have pretty strong surround, must say I've heard far more compelling New Age than this, though nothing here is bad (for the genre). Unless you like this sort of thing, you gotta be a serious surround nut to want it just for the surround.

ED :)

Back