VIDEO COLLECTION DVD's with true 5.1 mixes!

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

jimfisheye

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Apparently I picked the wrong time to stop paying attention to Peter Gabriel. The album after Passion put me off. Next one sealed the deal.

I just discovered the Play video. I guess I should have been paying more attention because it turns out that it's not a video collection at all... It was an excuse to release 5.1 remixes of all those tracks! (Videos are there too as an aside.) There's a lot here to like! It's not everything. I expected more of and more from the "melting face" album tracks. What's there is still cool. I didn't expect the So tracks to be so completely interesting and listenable and improved and steal the show! Too bad literally the best 2 tracks from So aren't included (We Do What We're Told & Excellent Birds)

artwwweb

So now we have the following real or very good 5.1 (alphabetical, with my notes in red):
  1. Paul Weller - Modern Classics on Film (90-01) (Dolby Digital 5.1) (2 discs with over 4 hours of footage: live concerts as well as all his solo promo clips. Good mixing, but could have been better.)
I'm struggling to hear anything in the rears apart from reverb. Am I missing something? (I tend to ignore live stuff, so am concentrating on the studio promos, but even the live stuff is mainly audience up front?) If you like Weller, there is still a lot of content on this disc, but I only got it for the surround.

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
You should hear Cornholio sing "Lesbian Seagull"
Male Or Female ‎– Primitive Reflections Twisted From Sound Dolby 5.1

Very good mix and fidelity despite the Dolby:

"A collection of industrial electronica that's quite varied, going from quiet disturbing synthesizer to crashing drums and electric-guitar screech-feedback"

R-260025-1439322303-5589.jpeg.jpg

Members of Industrial EBM group Front 242 with many guest vocalists.