VIDEO COLLECTION DVD's with true 5.1 mixes!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Tea Party Collection Illumination is really good with the 5.1 mixes.

1566736757936.png

I've now ordered every video set in this thread that seems worth it.
What I won't do for a Life in Surround video...
I wonder if your selection includes any of these titles:
Anthrax ‎– Anthrology: No Hit Wonders (1985-1991) The Videos
Extreme ‎– Videograffitti
Suzanne Vega ‎– Retrospective - The Videos Of Suzanne Vega
White Zombie ‎– Let Sleeping Corpses Lie

I've enjoyed all of them, as they're all 5.1 dts and sound brilliant (except for Extreme, as there was an extreme compression applied, IIRC - plus their 5.1 is Dolby Digital only), even though there's just some upmixing voodoo going on as they share the same credit - "Audio Resync and 5.1 Remaster: Chris Holden". Really curious about what your views would be like!

Last edited:

I've enjoyed all of them, as they're all 5.1 dts and sound brilliant (except for Extreme, as there was an extreme compression applied, IIRC), even though there's just some upmixing voodoo going on as they share the same credit - "Audio Resync and 5.1 Remaster: Chris Holden". Really curious about what your views would be like!
Hmmm... probably willing to check out Anthrax sooner or later, as they're my boys. Interesting that Holden is credited with 5.1 mix on the Among the Living Deluxe live DVD.
Possibly the others. Thanks for the heads up.

Hmmm... probably willing to check out Anthrax sooner or later, as they're my boys. Interesting that Holden is credited with 5.1 mix on the Among the Living Deluxe live DVD.
Possibly the others. Thanks for the heads up.
My pleasure. Here's one more I feel like might be right up your alley):
Faith No More ‎– Live At Brixton Academy, London (You Fat B**stards) / Who Cares A Lot? (The Greatest Videos)
All videos in 5.1, although only DD (sorry for the Extreme DVD in my previous post, it's DD only too). The sound is good, and the mixes are definitely different to the album versions, although not really discrete... I'd say that someone was given stems or just was too lazy/not brave enough to actually twiddle the surround knobs. Whatever, I'm just happy to have this. Oh, it's only available as a bundle with the Brixton Academy gig and also make sure that your player can read Region 1 discs.

Robert Plant : Nine Lives

"is it real?
cos i feel fake,
Oprah Winfrey,
Rikki Lake.."

ahh.. 🍺 Robbie Williams, lyrical genius! 🤣

hence i inviteth ye to cometh forth, all ye "definitely maybe's" of QQ, that ye might cometh downeth from thy fences thou art sitting on these last several years and pray convinceth me this one's not an upmix load of old twaddle and is the ginuwine unadulterated discreteth realeth dealeth!

i thanketh thou verily in advanceth for thine most cooperative participatory involvem... 🧐🎩

oh sod it, do you think the 5.1 is real or not? thanks! 🤔😊👍

I've enjoyed all of them, as they're all 5.1 dts and sound brilliant (except for Extreme, as there was an extreme compression applied, IIRC - plus their 5.1 is Dolby Digital only), even though there's just some upmixing voodoo going on as they share the same credit - "Audio Resync and 5.1 Remaster: Chris Holden". Really curious about what your views would be like!
I didn't remember That Anthrax was 5.1! I will have to crank that up tonight. The mixes are well done?

My pleasure. Here's one more I feel like might be right up your alley):
Faith No More ‎– Live At Brixton Academy, London (You Fat B**stards) / Who Cares A Lot? (The Greatest Videos)
All videos in 5.1, although only DD (sorry for the Extreme DVD in my previous post, it's DD only too). The sound is good, and the mixes are definitely different to the album versions, although not really discrete... I'd say that someone was given stems or just was too lazy/not brave enough to actually twiddle the surround knobs. Whatever, I'm just happy to have this. Oh, it's only available as a bundle with the Brixton Academy gig and also make sure that your player can read Region 1 discs.
If you guys dig Motley Crue, their Greatest Video Hits DVD definitely contains some actual 5.1 mixes.

@haikubass - I didn't even know there was a DVD compilation of Suzanne Vega's videos. :eek: How are the 5.1 mixes on it?

@haikubass - I didn't even know there was a DVD compilation of Suzanne Vega's videos. :eek: How are the 5.1 mixes on it?
It's definitely fine sounding, dts 48/24, but 5.1 is not discrete. Yes, you can hear discrete elements, but I doubt there were original multitracks at play. It's similar case as with Robert Plant or Howard Jones compilations. If you want a sample, try Tired of Sleeping or Tom's Diner. Yet happy to own (and play) this.

Back