HiRez Poll Vieira, Mike - DISTURBING THE UNIVERSE [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Mike Vieira - DISTURBING THE UNIVERSE

• Total voters
Well, the 5.1 flac is still available, right? @Freddie G , you could at least listen until your patience pays off and a physical copy comes your way!

Or you can burn your own copy! The digital album comes with artwork! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!

Last I checked, various formats of FLAC are available, plus a BD ISO, so folks can just burn their own! I seem to recall talking to Freddie before though, and it seems he wanted a commercially manufactured copy.

Last I checked, various formats of FLAC are available, plus a BD ISO, so folks can just burn their own! I seem to recall talking to Freddie before though, and it seems he wanted a commercially manufactured copy.
I can certainly understand that orientation! It'll happen for @Freddie G . . . eventually! Until then, We can ALL enjoy your release as a download! Ima spin it right now! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!

I just listened to the flac's twice through again after a long interval.. I can identify with a lot of the emotion here. Ultimately many of us make our way forward after trying to deal with the...events of war.
Some, don't.
Time, friends, work, we all have/had different coping mechanisms.
Are you ever free from it? I don't know. I don't think so.

Anyway I salute Mr. Vieira for finding an outlet for his angst.

Well, the 5.1 flac is still available, right? @Freddie G , you could at least listen until your patience pays off and a physical copy comes your way!

Or you can burn your own copy! The digital album comes with artwork! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!

A physical copy is preferable, but like you say, burning a Flac to disc may be an option until I find someone willing to part with the physical disc. I'll jump on Bandcamp and see what's there. Thanks for the suggestion!

Yeah, no sense in buying a R2R version if you don't have the equipment. That arrangement was made just as a little treat to those with working Quad R2R setups [hella jealous].
I'm talking to @chucky3042 and @Overture at Involve Audio about encoding the Quad version of the album in to Involve Audio surround. That way, it can be fully decoded on a Surround Master. And maybe do ok decoding with QS. Would that strike your fancy, at all?
@Clement mentioned something about Bandcamp. I know I can listen to Flac files through my Oppo. Maybe I can download from Bandcamp and get to listen to it. Maybe burn my own? I'm not a computer genius. Just know basics and some Photo and video editing software. I don't want to ask anyone to go to too much trouble.

@Clement mentioned something about Bandcamp. I know I can listen to Flac files through my Oppo. Maybe I can download from Bandcamp and get to listen to it. Maybe burn my own? I'm not a computer genius. Just know basics and some Photo and video editing software. I don't want to ask anyone to go to too much trouble.
I've downloaded files to my computer, transferred them to a memory stick, and played them through my oppo. I hope you get to hear it soon, @Freddie G (I keep thinking of Freddie Gibbs every time i type your name!), and i hope it lives up to the hype! You been watching @edisonbaggins on Life in Surround? He's an inspiration! I wish you peace

I use a disc authoring system called Roxio. It does just about everything except SACDs, and even has a format called “DVD-Music” that allows about 8 hours of uncompressed stereo or over 40 hours of compressed stereo audio on a dual layer DVD. It’s not terribly complicated, and as I recall, not terribly expensive, although they do bug you about buying upgrades.

Last edited:
For download, I recommend:
https://surroundmusic.one/album/disturbing-the-universe/FLAC, of every mix, and, IIRC, a BD ISO.
Thanks Mike! I went to Surround Music and downloaded the files. I did a quick test and they will play through my Oppo! I will give your album the necessary time this weekend. Now looking to burn a physical disc. Thanks for your help and guidance! If you come across a legit copy, please let me know.

Freddie

I use a disc authoring system called Roxio. It does just about everything except SACDs, and even has a format cassed “DVD-Music” that allows about 8 hours of uncompressed stereo or over 40 hours of compressed stereo audio on a dual layer DVD. It’s not terribly complicated, and as I recall, not terribly expensive, although they do bug you about buying upgrades.
I have used Roxio in the past. Lately, I have been using DVD Cloner. It reportably burns Blu-ray's too. I messed around a little and I could not get the files to load into the program. Not giving up. I plan to mess with it more this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've downloaded files to my computer, transferred them to a memory stick, and played them through my oppo. I hope you get to hear it soon, @Freddie G (I keep thinking of Freddie Gibbs every time i type your name!), and i hope it lives up to the hype! You been watching @edisonbaggins on Life in Surround? He's an inspiration! I wish you peace
I downloaded the files and they play in 5.1 though my Oppo! I plan to spend some time with the album this weekend. I absolutely watch Life in Surround! I am a subscriber and have watched every video. His channel is how I discovered this forum. Mike has cost me thousands of dollars and hours upon hours of bliss! Lol!

I downloaded the files and they play in 5.1 though my Oppo! I plan to spend some time with the album this weekend. I absolutely watch Life in Surround! I am a subscriber and have watched every video. His channel is how I discovered this forum. Mike has cost me thousands of dollars and hours upon hours of bliss! Lol!
SWEET! Way to be, @Freddie G ! Keep us posted and drop a review if you are so inclined! Does the fact that you have the files mean you now have ALL of the QQ top 200! Stay Surrounded, Comrade!

Back