Vince Guaraldi - Charlie Brown Xmas Deluxe 4 CD + Bluray set (Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon A

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
An official announcement is pending.

This is the information currently available on SH.tv:

No track list yet.

Super deluxe 5-Disc set features a new stereo mix remastered from the original 3-track and 2-track sources, and the original stereo mix on CD 1.
Discs 2-4 offer a trove of unheard outtakes from five recording sessions and place listeners in the studio as the musicians work through their arrangements.

The Blu-Ray disc includes hi-resolution audio of the new mix as well as a Dolby Atmos mix.

Amazon has a pre-sale listing for $99.98 with a release date of October 14.

Craft has a page reserved for it, but its currently blank:

https://craftrecordings.com/collections/a-charlie-brown-christmas-deluxe-edition
If well done, it could be an enjoyable set. I truly wonder whether the Atmos mix will improve on the mixes from the Monster Music set. The sessions were recorded to three track tape.

I wonder how many people are ready to spend $100 on such a set. Of course, I'll be buying one.

No track list yet.

Super deluxe 5-Disc set features a new stereo mix remastered from the original 3-track and 2-track sources, and the original stereo mix on CD 1.
Discs 2-4 offer a trove of unheard outtakes from five recording sessions and place listeners in the studio as the musicians work through their arrangements.

The Blu-Ray disc includes hi-resolution audio of the new mix as well as a Dolby Atmos mix.

https://craftrecordings.com/collections/a-charlie-brown-christmas-deluxe-edition
If well done, it could be an enjoyable set. I truly wonder whether the Atmos mix will improve on the mixes from the Monster Music set. The sessions were recorded to three track tape.

I wonder how many people are ready to spend $100 on such a set. Of course, I'll be buying one.
I'd derfinitely purchase a stand alone BD~A in ATMOS since I do have a Stereo SACD of A Charlie Brown Christmas but all those session outtakes on RBCDs I believe are OVERKILL!

See the source image

No track list yet.

I am. I missed out on the previous multi-channel releases of this. I am very happy this is made available again. I could do without the extras, but I can't complain.

Craft Recordings proudly announces a definitive, bonus-filled edition of Vince Guaraldi’s timeless score from the beloved, 1965 animated PEANUTS® special, A Charlie Brown Christmas, from Charles Schulz and Lee Mendelson and Bill Melendez. While the album has remained a holiday staple for nearly 60 years (not to mention the best-selling jazz album of all time, alongside Miles Davis’ Kind of Blue, after earning 5x platinum certification by the RIAA in May), this latest edition showcases Guaraldi’s creative process like never before, thanks to hours of newly unearthed session tapes from Fantasy Records’ vaults. Now, fans can experience cues like “Christmas Time Is Here,” “O Tannenbaum,” and “Skating” as they take shape in the studio through dozens of previously unreleased alternate tracks.

Super Deluxe Edition (4-CD/1-Blu-ray audio box set and digital release):

Disc 1
A Charlie Brown Christmas (2022 Stereo Mix)
  1. O Tannenbaum
  2. What Child Is This
  3. My Little Drum
  4. Linus And Lucy
  5. Christmas Time Is Here (Instrumental)
  6. Christmas Time Is Here (Vocal)
  7. Skating
  8. Hark, The Herald Angels Sing
  9. Christmas Is Coming
  10. Für Elise
  11. The Christmas Song
A Charlie Brown Christmas (Original Stereo Mix)

12-22 (Same Track List As Above)

Disc 2 – The Recording Sessions (September 17, 1965)
  1. Christmas Is Coming (#1, Take 1)
  2. Christmas Is Coming (#1, Take 2)
  3. Christmas Is Coming (#1, Take 3)
  4. Christmas Is Coming (#1, Takes 4–5)
  5. Christmas Is Coming (#1, Take 6)
  6. Christmas Is Coming (#1, Take 7)
  7. Christmas Time Is Here (Instrumental) (#2, Takes 1–2)
  8. Christmas Time Is Here (Instrumental) (#2, Take 3)
  9. Skating (Unnumbered)
  10. Skating (#3, Takes 1–2)
  11. Skating (#3, Take 3)
  12. Skating (#3, Takes 4–6)
  13. Skating (#3, Take 7)
  14. Linus And Lucy (#4, Take 1)
  15. Christmas Is Coming (#5, Take 1)
  16. Christmas Is Coming (#5, Take 2)
  17. Christmas Is Coming (#5, Take 3)
  18. Christmas Is Coming (#5, Take 4)
  19. Christmas Time Is Here (Instrumental) (#6, Take 1)
  20. Christmas Time Is Here (Instrumental) (#6, Take 2)
Disc 3 – The Recording Sessions (September 21-22, 1965/Recording Date Unknown)
  1. Christmas Is Coming (#1, Take 1)
  2. Christmas Is Coming (#1, Take 2)
  3. Christmas Is Coming (#1, Take 3)
  4. Christmas Is Coming (#1, Takes 4–6)
  5. Christmas Is Coming (#1, Take 7)
  6. O Tannenbaum (#2, Take 1)
  7. O Tannenbaum (#2, Take 2)
  8. O Tannenbaum (#2, Takes 3–4)
  9. O Tannenbaum (#2, Take 5)
  10. Jingle Bells (#3, Takes 1–4)
  11. Goin’ Out Of My Head (Unnumbered)
  12. Christmas Time Is Here (Instrumental) (#6, Take 3)
  13. Skating (#7, Take 1)
  14. Skating (#7, Take 2)
  15. Für Elise (Takes 1–2)
  16. Christmas Time Is Here (Vocal) (#1, Take 1)
  17. Christmas Time Is Here (Vocal) (#1, Takes 2–3)
  18. Christmas Time Is Here (Vocal) (#1, Take 4)
  19. Christmas Time Is Here (Vocal) (#1, Take 5)
  20. Christmas Time Is Here (Vocal) (Rehearsal)
  21. Christmas Time Is Here (Vocal) (#1, Take 6)
  22. Christmas Time Is Here (Vocal) (#1, Take 7)
Disc 4 – The Recording Sessions (October 28, 1965)
  1. Greensleeves (Take 1)
  2. Greensleeves (Takes 2–4)
  3. Greensleeves (Take 5)
  4. Greensleeves (Take 6)
  5. Greensleeves (Take 7)
  6. Greensleeves (Take 8)
  7. Greensleeves (Takes 9–10)
  8. Greensleeves (Take 11)
  9. Greensleeves (Take 12)
  10. The Christmas Song (Take 1)
  11. The Christmas Song (Takes 2–3)
  12. The Christmas Song (Takes 4–7)
  13. The Christmas Song (Take 8)
  14. The Christmas Song (Take 9)
  15. The Christmas Song (Take 10)
  16. The Christmas Song (Take 11)
Disc 5 – Blu-Ray Audio*
  1. A Charlie Brown Christmas (2022 Stereo Mix) (Hi-Resolution Audio)
  2. A Charlie Brown Christmas (2022 Dolby Atmos Mix)
*Not available in the digital edition

Three instruments... Six channels... I guess and hope it's an interesting experiment in ambient sound shaping.

I guess I’m in the minority, but this is one where I’d love to have the mono mix as well as the stereo. Just putting in my two cents. 😁
That's really easy for you to have as there never was a dedicated Mono mix. It was a fold-fown of the Stereo mix. Simply sum-up both channels to Mono.

I don't usually fall for the whole coloured LP lark, I don't even really buy LPs anymore, but I decided to get the limited to 750 copies Ice Skating Rink clear one which is a Craft exclusive.

VGT_CBXMAS_D2C_550x.png

Gee, since there is a bluray you'd think they'd include the actual cartoon/program. IMO, even more inexcusable than not including the actual "The Wall" movie in the Pink Floyd Immersion box set.
FYI, the Peanuts HOLIDAY COLLECTION has been released in a Native UHD4K package with lossless 24 bit DTS~HD MA 5.1 codecs. It's a six disc set which includes the entire collection on BD~V, as well. Comes in a slipcase.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Peanuts-Holiday-Collection-4K-Blu-ray/183521/#Review
Edit: Just ordered a Used, VG set through Amazon for under $14 + s/h. Will Keep the UHD4K discs and gift the BD~Vs to a friend who is autistic and a huge Peanuts fan!

71SYfPCXLdL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Is it any wonder surround music is such a niche market and largely ignored by many labels? Here we are, on a site dedicated to the art, where you would think this sort of thing would be most appreciated. A cool new release gets announced and the first two pages of reaction is a b*tchfest. I'm happy to hear about this and interested to see what they were able to accomplish from the three track tapes.

I'm also looking forward to hearing the outs, even if I only ever play them once.

Edit: looks like somebody (I don't know if it was a mod or if I shamed the posters who were griping) removed the posts I was commenting about if this post seems odd now). Again, I'm excited to hear this.

Last edited:
This piqued my interested, so I looked for it on Amazon. They have it listed for pre-order at 100 bucks. Well that puts it out of range for me.

Back