Quad LP/Tape Poll Wakeman, Rick: The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur[CD-4/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Myths & Legens of King Arthur"

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Or, The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur And The Knights Of The Round Table, A&M QU54515/Stereo(so says the label), from 1975.

Side 1:

1. Arthur
2. Lady Of The Lake
3. Guinevere
4. Sir Lancelot And The Black Knight

Side 2:

1. Merlin The Magician
2. Sir Galahad
3. The Last Battle

Attachments

• Wakeman King Arthur.jpg
    Wakeman King Arthur.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 364
absolutely great disc, and the mix is effettive. IMHO the best RW quad release.

I really can't stand the album--pretentious as hell, and doesn't have the melodic nature and sweep that I enjoyed with SIX WIVE--but no denying the mix is very impressive, making listening to it at least tolerable...:D So, an '8' for mix, I won't knock it down simply because I'm not keen on the material or approach.

ED :)

I love the music & mix on this Q8. One of my (many) favorites. A 10 for me.:banana:

Ed,
you're absolutely correct, this disc is truly "pretensious as hell" - however it's one of the very few instances in which this term is positive. The whole KA story is larger than life, and this "pretensious" approach suits the story well.

It benefits from not having some of the off-putting vocals that mar parts of Journey To The Centre Of The Earth, so that was a relief for me. Hard to top Six Wives musically because it was so focused and having Yes members as backup players never hurts!

winopener said:
Ed,
you're absolutely correct, this disc is truly "pretensious as hell" - however it's one of the very few instances in which this term is positive. The whole KA story is larger than life, and this "pretensious" approach suits the story well.

Too bad there wasn't visuals to go with it...:D

ED :)

I like the album, but I think it would have better released on either SQ or QS. A&M did release one QS album on their own label, and a few on Ode, when they distributed it. The music is pretentious, but that's part of its charm.

Back