HiRez Poll Warner Brothers - CRASH! BOOM! BANG! [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Warner Brothers - CRASH! BANG! BOOM!

• 9:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8:

• 7:

• 6:

• 4:

• 3:

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
For those of you who were fortunate (or unfortunate) in getting one of these 2001 release DVD-Audio discs from Warner Brothers/Kid Rhino, please post your thoughts and comments on the disc. I added larger than normal scans for those of you who never saw this disc.
---------------------------------------------

WB Boom Front.jpg

WB Boom Back.jpg

Last edited:
Absolute worst. Vintage, lo-fi mono sounds panned around the room for the hell of it. Might have been a cute DVD, but cartoon characters in a static DVD-A context just don't cut it. This product is ill-conceived at best. How the heck did this thing even get considered, let alone implemented?

The only redeeming feature is the bonus cartoon.

I wonder what happened to all of these? You would think that there were THOUSANDS of unsold copies, yet if you were actually looking for one, you would have a very hard time finding one.

Very strange. I wonder if someone found these, they'd also find the WB motherload.

Mine is certainly available. This could only have been made to fail A-B tests with Silverline - From The Front Row (Washroom) titles

This could be the absolute worst DVD-Audio ever released. I certainly am sure it's the worst WEA/Rhino group DVD-Audio.

I don't even know where to start. I revisited this one today as I am going through my DVD-A's and scanning them to try and get most poll files to have images with them, and thought "What the heck, I'll check this one out again just to remind myself what it was like". MISTAKE!

The voices of the WB Cartoon Characters are HORRIBLE. Obviously, Mel Blank was not around to do them, but they could have gotten a high school kid that was a great mimic and it would have been better than the guy doing the voices on this one. It's way beyond cringe-worthy. And the cartoon? In mono. MONO.

Even the effects can't save this one. They're OK, but nothing special. Sure, an airplane might fly around the room, but you are so disgusted with what came before it that you just want to reach for your Metal Machine Music BluRay to wash the sounds of this one out of your ears.

UGH. Horrible. A ZERO.

I think I'll modify the poll to make a ZERO for this one. I really should.

Last edited:
Back