Wavelab Pro 11

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched the 5 minute video on that web page, called Multi-channel interleaved support

WOW! This looks awesome
hey if you get this Jon, keep us informed on how it it please, I've been pretty happy with the RX 8, once I figured out how best to use it (per your recommendation- thank you!) But I don't know squat about WaveLab.

ok, watched the video, they make it look soooo easy -LOL

the De-reverb plugin caught my attention; always felt the Quad album "The Divine Miss M" was a little too wet for my taste.

hey if you get this Jon, keep us informed on how it it please, I've been pretty happy with the RX 8, once I figured out how best to use it (per your recommendation- thank you!) But I don't know squat about WaveLab.

I took the $99 upgrade plunge. I needed something to cheer me up. WOAH! This is freaking cool. Here is a screen shot of the workspace with a file I upmixed earlier. This program is so cool I may actually start learning how to use it. It's amazing how fast you can switch between spectral and wav. So much information, someone who actually knew what they were doing would go crazy with this.

W11 1.jpg

Here's how you setup your audio channels. Very easy. In fact, it pretty much walked me through it as I started with a 5.1 file but the default output was 2 channel. It gave me the option to send the additional channels to the stereo speakers, or select the hardware setup I wanted.

W11 2.jpg

ok, watched the video, they make it look soooo easy -LOL

the De-reverb plugin caught my attention; always felt the Quad album "The Divine Miss M" was a little too wet for my taste.

I have to figure out how to do that and I'll report back

that does look cool - sign me up, er take my $$$$ please & why not !

Hey pupster. It's pretty expensive for someone to dive right in without upgrading. I got wavelab way back when it was one of the few ways to make DVD-Audio discs, so long ago. I think that was version 5. I upgraded it a few times along the way so this upgrade wasn't very painful. It is very cool looking but I would hate to have you spend a lot of cash on this going by my stupid recommendation. Like I said, I am not an expert at this stuff by any means. Maybe aludra, popshop, Mr. Afternoon or one of the IAA guys would be better to take a rec like this from

Exercise some caution here. I’m a long time Pro Wavelab user. I found the Mac versions a lot buggier than the PC versions. e.g. 9.5 was unusable for multichannel sound with an adhoc bug setting the LFE to full gain with no EDL/montage recovery possible, yet 9.0 was fine.

Creating multichannels WAVs can be done with other free Apps from mono files (e.g Sound Devices WaveAgent). The spectral visual tools aren’t new.

This software is a steep learning curve if you have no past experience with it, e.g. keeping 6+ channels in sample sync.

My advice (as always for major versions) is to monitor Wavelab forums for serious bugs before you invest in v11 and/or maybe wait for a .1 update to iron out gremlins before you consider buying.

Curious - any opinion on Wave Lab versus Sound Forge? I use Sound Forge, but it is possible Wave Lab may be a better tool for me.

I have used SF since Version 4.5 and that is my go-to, despite some of it's inherent flaws. I will have to spend some time with Wavelab to be able to report back. WL11 is pretty feature packed, but there are many things I have to figure out. I will say this, in a pinch I'm back to SF15, because I know it so well.

I have used SF since Version 4.5 and that is my go-to, despite some of it's inherent flaws. I will have to spend some time with Wavelab to be able to report back. WL11 is pretty feature packed, but there are many things I have to figure out. I will say this, in a pinch I'm back to SF15, because I know it so well.

Your insight would be helpful... I have used SF since version 2 or 3... and it was very good until this new company took it over. On my end, I can't use certain shortcut keys anymore , which has been reported, and yet to be fixed months later. This is one reason I am very curious about Wave Lab!

Your insight would be helpful... I have used SF since version 2 or 3... and it was very good until this new company took it over. On my end, I can't use certain shortcut keys anymore , which has been reported, and yet to be fixed months later. This is one reason I am very curious about Wave Lab!

MAGIX seems to be more interested in selling you a new version than making the old/new version better. I really want to like Wavelab, so I will give it a try for sure since I already have it now. I just don't know how much time I can invest in learning the thing at this point in my life

Back