DTS-CD Weird problem on DTS Home made discs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rck60s

I have a very weird problem on DTS discs I make on my computer...The songs come out perfect but when i burn them on a disc when one song finishes the next song does not start....i have to hit the back button and the song starts....This only happens on discs I make on my computer..I am using nero to burn the DTS songs on disc( i check the box that says no 2 sec. gap)...Is there a better program to use to burn DTS to disc that will get rid of this problem...It is very annoying...I think it has something to do with the receiver not recognizing the end of one song and beginning of the next...I am going in thru the coax input using an OPPO 970HD player..I am also using a Sony 1075 Receiver. Should I try the analog 5.1 inputs?If so then i will lose control of the settings as i do not have HDMI on the receiver....also like I said before it only happens on discs I make at home

I recently switched to an Oppo from a Denon 2900 and had nothing but trouble with any authored disc using Nero. I switched to imgburn and/or UltraISo and never had a problem. Any DVD-A I ever made with Nero (that played fine on the Denon) will not play on the Oppo.

Also I would reconsider using coax output. The direct (analogue) outputs are a better audio choice IMHO.

Some players have issues with the DTS signal starting, stopping, then starting again. It's better to create a long DTS file with all of the songs in it for that disc, then add the track times to the file so the signal never stops. I used to use CD architect to do DTS CDs when I did them. Just be sure NOT to let it create a 2 sec blank start at the beginning of the disc. It will prompt you to do so, but don't.

I'm sure there are other programs out there that let you put track times in a large wav file.

Hi,
What Jon said is 100% true.
If you u r laisy like myself try this:
Using an ancient progr. named WinOnCd 5.0,select audio cd and drag'n drop the wav's in that window.Press burn and voila! Your dts-cd is perfect:no gaps,no glitchs.
Alternatively u can create an iso image file..burn the image file with imgburn--free.
Hope i helped :),
M

Some players have issues with the DTS signal starting, stopping, then starting again. It's better to create a long DTS file with all of the songs in it for that disc, then add the track times to the file so the signal never stops. I used to use CD architect to do DTS CDs when I did them. Just be sure NOT to let it create a 2 sec blank start at the beginning of the disc. It will prompt you to do so, but don't.

I'm sure there are other programs out there that let you put track times in a large wav file.

Yes, there are a lot, but although this might solve the problem, it's not a common problem. For instance I make my discs from several separate songs, not from a long wav and don't experience problems. (Burned with Nero !)

So I also tend to say it's more a hardware issue........

Freeware to put track times in a long wav is CD WAV. Although made for stereo WAV it also does work great on DTS WAV.

This can be either the decoders taking time to lock down on the stream, or else caused by burning discs in TAO mode instead of DAO mode.
DTS & Dolby Labs both recommend either long streams with track points or else 2 seconds of audioblack.
Never use split files with segued tracks, either.

This can be either the decoders taking time to lock down on the stream, or else caused by burning discs in TAO mode instead of DAO mode.
DTS & Dolby Labs both recommend either long streams with track points or else 2 seconds of audioblack.
Never use split files with segued tracks, either.

I use long tracks, ImgBurn and a slow burn at about 4-8 X.
I have yet to have a problem with my machines.

I had a hell of a time with DTS discs when burning at a high rate of speed
like 24-48X.
It just killed my friend's disc player in his Acura and on 2 of my home units.
I would get silence at track changes, or the decoder would let go in the middle and you'd get
like a one-second burst of digital noise enough to blow you out of your seat! :eek:

Oh yeah... and use quality discs as well.
If you can afford them, the Mitsui (or MAM) gold discs seem to
be loved by discriminating players everywhere I've played them. :D
(and they supposedly last longer)

-B

Two problems:

- Burning in track at once mode sometimes causes this.

- Make sure you are always in the first session on the disc..

Back