Welcome Thread: New Members please introduce yourself here

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the welcome Snood and you and the dancing bananas are welcome any Friday night!

We’ve had a few guest vocalist over the years. Just this last weekend we were lucky enough to have my son and daughter in-law sit in. They live in Japan but were here on vacation. They like to sing karaoke in Tokyo so I told them that is like what we do, but we play the music too! It was a great time!

Hello All!
I'm a long time lurker that has finally decided to join you fine folks! I've just upgraded my 7.2 system to a 7.2.4 system for The Beatles Abbey Road this Friday and I can't wait!!! I've enjoyed this website for many years now and thought I should stick my head up out of the water so to speak. I've been collecting modern surround titles since Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon was released in 2003. My taste in music is towards Rock, Pop, Jazz, and Electronica. I've used the Surround Polls as my buying guide for many years and I truly appreciate the work it takes to keep a site like this up and running and all you active members!
Come on Friday!
David H
Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay.

Hello All!
I'm a long time lurker that has finally decided to join you fine folks! I've just upgraded my 7.2 system to a 7.2.4 system for The Beatles Abbey Road this Friday and I can't wait!!! I've enjoyed this website for many years now and thought I should stick my head up out of the water so to speak. I've been collecting modern surround titles since Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon was released in 2003. My taste in music is towards Rock, Pop, Jazz, and Electronica. I've used the Surround Polls as my buying guide for many years and I truly appreciate the work it takes to keep a site like this up and running and all you active members!
Come on Friday!
David H

Hello and greetings @Hamilton59 the surround polls have helped you spend more than you thought haven't they?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hello and greetings @Hamilton59 the surround polls have helped you spend more than you thought haven't they?

Thank you all.
Yes the surround polls have helped me spend my money but that’s a problem that I’ve loved having and hopefully will continue to suffer for many years to come!

H
Ola

Here after not buying any surround titles for 2 years, moving and setting up new home theatre system.

Ready to get back into it.
Hi there!
It‘s a great time to get back into surround. If you’re setting up a new system I hope you considered getting an Atmos abled system. The new mixes that are coming out are marvelous!

David H

H

Hi there!
It‘s a great time to get back into surround. If you’re setting up a new system I hope you considered getting an Atmos abled system. The new mixes that are coming out are marvelous!

David H

yep I have just ordered some SVS for the ceiling. I still need a sub and rears.

Greetings from St. Louis,
I have been an audiophile for 52 years. I was tempted by quadraphonic "back in the day" but just couldn't warm up to quad LPs and didn't want to get into RTR. I did build a monster stereo.
I moved not long ago and am upgrading the aforementioned monster stereo to a monster multi channel system.

In 1998 I moved out of the house were my stereo was and recently moved to a new house with a great room and I am setting up again. I have a lot of classic equipment and I will be expanding to modernize. Previously the only thing digital I had was a CD player usually a cheapie. I will be getting an NAS going and expanding to a high end multi channel system.

Home built large sealed boxes with four JBL woofers. One cubic foot midbase sub enclosure with JBL LE10
2 Yamaha Beryllium Dome 3 1/4 inch midranges. Four Be tweeters. Quad Amped
Pioneer Class A amps (X3) Quad 405 current dumping amp Pioneer Spec 4 lots of other power amps
Pioneer D 23 electronic crossover (Linkwitz Riley)(X2) Early (1976 ) follower of the late great Sigfried Linkwitz
Also some fourth order LR crossovers which will probably end up in surrounds and rears, and center channel .
In process of converting to quality multi-channel
Pioneer C 21 preamp
Technics SL 10 with boron cantilever MC cartridge, Pioneer PLC 590 with Stax arm
and, and, .......

Marantz AV7005 preamp processor for future. Multichannel bug has bitten me badly. A flare up of bite from 1970.
A very kind and generous St. Louis audiophile sold me his extra OPPO 205. I never thought I would have one of those!

Just got a pair of Yamaha NS1000 to use as surrounds. This is gonna be fun!

My musical interests are classical especially early and baroque, classical guitar and flamenco, world music. Rock and Roll until mostly about 1973.
Now diving into NAS ,DNLA, and the whole thing.

I am here to osmose knowledge.
Gene

I have been an audiophile for 52 years. I was tempted by quadraphonic "back in the day" but just couldn't warm up to quad LPs and didn't want to get into RTR. I did build a monster stereo.
I moved not long ago and am upgrading the aforementioned monster stereo to a monster multi channel system.

In 1998 I moved out of the house were my stereo was and recently moved to a new house with a great room and I am setting up again. I have a lot of classic equipment and I will be expanding to modernize. Previously the only thing digital I had was a CD player usually a cheapie. I will be getting an NAS going and expanding to a high end multi channel system.

Home built large sealed boxes with four JBL woofers. One cubic foot midbase sub enclosure with JBL LE10
Pioneer Class A amps (X3) Quad 405 current dumping amp Pioneer Spec 4 lots of other power amps
Pioneer D 23 electronic crossover (Linkwitz Riley)(X2) Early (1976 ) follower of the late great Sigfried Linkwitz
Also some fourth order LR crossovers which will probably end up in surrounds and rears, and center channel .
Pioneer C 21 preamp
Technics SL 10 with boron cantilever MC cartridge, Pioneer PLC 590 with Stax arm
and, and, .......

Marantz AV7005 preamp processor for future. Multichannel bug has bitten me badly. A flare up of bite from 1970.
A very kind and generous St. Louis audiophile sold me his extra OPPO 205. I never thought I would have one of those!

My musical interests are classical especially early and baroque, classical guitar and flamenco, world music. Rock and Roll until mostly about 1973.

Gene
Greetings fellow prospector, you’ve just hit the motherload. ⛏
Here’s a rich vein you’ll no doubt enjoy digging through🤠

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ssical-music-general-discussion-thread.25804/

Pioneer C 21 preamp
and, and, .......

Gene

Hello & welcome!
Interesting history & very interesting system set up. It sounds like something out of Audio Amateur or Stereophile magazine. I would like to see some pics of the DIY speakers!

Look forward to more posts from you & make use of the search function on QQ. It's been very helpful to me.

Pioneer C 21 preamp
and, and, .......

Gene
Nice to have you here, welcome. Remember proper room treatments are key.
1654.1a.jpg

Welcome gene_stl. Please don’t be afraid to post your questions and experiences here, as the wealth of knowledge on this forum is encyclopedic and people here are uniformly generous and supportive. Given that classical is a major interest of yours AND you have an OPPO 205, I’d imagine that you’d do well to delve into the pool of classical SACDs, nativeDSD downloads and Dutton Vocalion SACD quad reissues. Pre-1973 rock also is well represented on this forum though many titles have, unfortunately, gone out of print and, therefore, command higher prices. Still, you’ll find QQ forum members to be very helpful in regard to how to find out of print recordings for more reasonable prices.

It’s clear that you know your way around when it comes to putting together a great system so you should have a blast listening to music in surround. And if you ever want to take the lead to Dolby Atmos, know that there are folks here who can help you with that as well.

Again, welcome!

Back