Welcome Thread: New Members please introduce yourself here

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heya Event - welcome aboard - koooooo name :SB Always looking for more peeps to chime in on stuff they know for sure. So your input and any questions will be awesome to have around.

Snood pretty sure Jon will be hanging around a lil bit posting now and again fo sho. :love: :QQlove:love:

Hi there everybody... just got signed up yesterday cuz I am awaiting delivery on a lower end quad I purchased for 8 dollars..a panny re 7844...figured you guys would have sum insight into what I am jumping into lol..so..thanks for having me here!
Hello @Dwgwnr1969 I like when I log in and see new people here. Its good to see our group get more populated. Thank you for joining us.

Heya Event - welcome aboard - koooooo name :SB Always looking for more peeps to chime in on stuff they know for sure. So your input and any questions will be awesome to have around.

Snood pretty sure Jon will be hanging around a lil bit posting now and again fo sho. :love: :QQlove:love:
Thanks snood, I have considerable input to bring as a speaker designer, constant tinkerer, and forever lurker.. I have not posted on an audio forum for over 4 years, for various reasons, for which I can relate to what Jon is saying in his exit spiel. How I came about this place, mostly, is knowing that something has been missing in my music, no matter what speakers or gear you have in 2 channels it's always 2D, 3D sound requires an immersive experience. Somehow the audio press (if there is such a thing) has dissuaded the audio community ie. music lovers from music that cannot be played from 2 speakers/headphones or whatever the case may be. I would arge that mono listening can be more enjoyable than 'faux stereo', looking forward to contributing. Lots to share, more to learn, and hopefully I can interject some new blood and enthusiasm for what most concern a fruitless pursuit and a clinging onto "old and obsolete".

I am an original QuadraphonicQuad fan, I have every record I ever bought. I will try to post a picture soon of my setup, 2 turntables, 2 Reel to Reels, one 4 ch., one 2ch. 10 1/2” reels

That is an impressive statement. Many here wish they could say the same. Congratulations nice to see you posting.

etr62019.2crop.jpg

Hi my name is Mark and I'm a surround sound addict (in the background group says "Hello Mark!").

I'd rather listen to a multichannel DVD than a record or CD or even a stereo only SACD. I'll often listen to CD's in Dolby PL2 Music except that for some reason it tends to make vocals sound like they were recorded in a cave. 5 channel stereo works better but seems to induce listener fatigue. Another favorite thing is to put on a DVD and listen to it without picture. They're often less compressed and of course are multichannel which still sounds better than any stereo version.

There are a bunch of other things I wanted to talk about like how multichannel could be simplified by the use of wireless speakers and how all AV receivers should have multichannel outs given how they occupy the same space as stereo amps and are expected to deliver 5/7/9/11/13!?! channels or how Soundbars are the devil's work👿 unless they can be expanded to multichannel! or......................

Hi my name is Mark and I'm a surround sound addict (in the background group says "Hello Mark!").

I'd rather listen to a multichannel DVD than a record or CD or even a stereo only SACD. I'll often listen to CD's in Dolby PL2 Music except that for some reason it tends to make vocals sound like they were recorded in a cave. 5 channel stereo works better but seems to induce listener fatigue. Another favorite thing is to put on a DVD and listen to it without picture. They're often less compressed and of course are multichannel which still sounds better than any stereo version.

There are a bunch of other things I wanted to talk about like how multichannel could be simplified by the use of wireless speakers and how all AV receivers should have multichannel outs given how they occupy the same space as stereo amps and are expected to deliver 5/7/9/11/13!?! channels or how Soundbars are the devil's work👿 unless they can be expanded to multichannel! or......................
Welcome aboard @Putterman; always lots to discuss here- don't be shy.
And yes IMO soundbars rate lower than rat turds. :p
*Oh and P.S. - don't ever expect me to say IMHO- 'cause the H lacks conviction! 🤠

Welcome aboard @Putterman; always lots to discuss here- don't be shy.
And yes IMO soundbars rate lower than rat turds. :p
*Oh and P.S. - don't ever expect me to say IMHO- 'cause the H lacks conviction! 🤠
I wrote it at least a little tongue in cheek because I understand that the speakers in TV's really suck and even a little better sound is a plus.

I am an original QuadraphonicQuad fan, I have every record I ever bought. I will try to post a picture soon of my setup, 2 turntables, 2 Reel to Reels, one 4 ch., one 2ch. 10 1/2” reels

Heya Daveeeee and Weeeeeeeeeeelcome to QQpretty impressive having kept all those nice records. Great to see ya posting and look forward to the pics :QQlove

Welcome Putterman toooooooo and yes stay away from those evil Soundbars lol..........Welcome aboard QQ also and hope to see ya posting toooooo. Lotta great peeps here for any and all questions no matter what . So ask away :LB

Hello all! New member here. I was a quad guy from way back. My very first system I bought when I was much younger was a Pioneer QX-949a. It died many years ago, mainly due to all my moving around. I dragged around about 2000 albums for many years, but this last big move I sold most of them. I kept the quads, but I could kick myself for selling off things like The Beatles White Album in white vinyl and the Rolling Stones Some Girls with the original cover. (What was I thinking?) Anyway, I purchased a Sansui QRX-7001 I found on the shelf at a stereo repair shop near me that was a former Sansui dealer. They are giving it a once over and I should have it in about 2 weeks. I can't wait. I'm pretty much total"old school" quad. I don't know much about SACD's, Dolby systems, etc. But I'm fine with that. 🙂

Heya Gvl Guy and 2000 albums??? Niiiiiiiiiiiice :LB Not the Beatles White in White Noooooooo, but ya can always get that back :LB

Welcome or should Snood say Welcome Back :unsure: One OfUs ...... again :love:

Ya say ya do not know much about SACD......but you just might sooooooooon. :rocks

I just joined this site to learn more about surround formats, most notably the Tate and Audionics systems.. I hope that Jon isn't leaving just as I am joining :( Looking to contribute and learn some valuable information. I am now believing that the only way to hear audio is in 4 channels... and will carry on the legacy as best as I can!
Hello @eventhorizon Nice to have you here a great way to start the year.

Welcome to the money pit @Putterman This site will help you spend the money it helps you save and you will enjoy it.

Hello all! New member here. I was a quad guy from way back. My very first system I bought when I was much younger was a Pioneer QX-949a. It died many years ago, mainly due to all my moving around. I dragged around about 2000 albums for many years, but this last big move I sold most of them. I kept the quads, but I could kick myself for selling off things like The Beatles White Album in white vinyl and the Rolling Stones Some Girls with the original cover. (What was I thinking?) Anyway, I purchased a Sansui QRX-7001 I found on the shelf at a stereo repair shop near me that was a former Sansui dealer. They are giving it a once over and I should have it in about 2 weeks. I can't wait. I'm pretty much total"old school" quad. I don't know much about SACD's, Dolby systems, etc. But I'm fine with that. 🙂
Welcome the shiny discs become addictive and blu-ray will be your friend.

I just joined this site to learn more about surround formats, most notably the Tate and Audionics systems.. I hope that Jon isn't leaving just as I am joining :( Looking to contribute and learn some valuable information. I am now believing that the only way to hear audio is in 4 channels... and will carry on the legacy as best as I can!

Welcome eventhorizon, and all the new members showing up. I hope you'll all stay and participate. Without new members we get kind of stale - and don't worry. QQ is a very welcoming group, you don't have to feel like an outsider when you're new. Unless you make an ass of yourself (!!) :eek:, you will be treated the same as our 15+ year members. We're all here for the same reason.

And also, don't worry about me (of all things). I'll still be here (QQ) as long as I am here (Earth), I'm just keeping a lower profile, and you know that's probably a good thing. But if I get riled up, LOOK OUT!! Old Man Ranting alert!

:hi

Back