Welcome Thread: New Members please introduce yourself here

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good day all,

I joined a little over a week ago but waited to say hello.....Hello! :) I've been without surround sound for a few years due to a lot of moving around, but just got my system back up and resumed enjoying and building my library. You don't realize how much you missed it until you have it back again! My last few pickups - Japanese Quad SACD of Bitches Brew, XTC Nonsuch BD-audio, and Yes' Fragile BD-Audio. Doobie Brothers Quadio and Seeds of Love on pre-order. Love reading this forum and looking forward to being a part of it!

Take care,
Gino

Oh heya NGV - Snood just saw this ooooooooopsy

Great to have ya aboard and awesome ya got your system back up. Some nice pick ups there - the Steven Wilson Mix stuff is Awwwwwwwwwwwesome :rocks

Lotta stuff on the forums to peruse and look over - check out the polls toooooo. Lotta nice koo awesome friendly people here and they are ready and willing to help anybody with anything. Pupster will even come over to work on your toilet if need be :LOL:

So be sure to ask any and all questions ya might have no matter how Snooby they might be. Also hope to see ya posting and doing some reviews tooooo.

Welcome and seriously, keep Pupster away from your bathroom.......or at least open the windows if he asks to use your bathroom. :LB:LB:LB

Last edited:
Oh heya NGV - Snood just saw this ooooooooopsy

Great to have ya aboard and awesome ya got your system back up. Some nice pick ups there - the Steven Wilson Mix stuff is Awwwwwwwwwwwesome :rocks

Lotta stuff on the forums to peruse and look over - check out the polls toooooo. Lotta nice koo awesome friendly people here and they are ready and willing to help anybody with anything. Pupster will even come over to work on your toilet if need be :LOL:

So be sure to ask any and all questions ya might have no matter how Snooby they might be. Also hope to see ya posting and doing some reviews tooooo.

Welcome and seriously, keep Pupster away from your bathroom.......or at least open the windows if he asks to use your bathroom. :LB:LB:LB

Thank you most kindly, Mr. Snood - a warm welcome, indeed! :) I've read a lot around here in the last week and everyone seems very friendly and fun (not to mention extremely knowledgeable), and I shall definitely participate! Fantastic weekend to you and everyone here!

Peace,
Gino

Hi!

My name is raku.
I Live in Osaka, Japan.
My avatar is the Tower of the sun.
https://taiyounotou-expo70.jp/en/
I used Sansui QSD-2 and SONY SQD-2010 for QS and SQ.
I also use Technics SH-3280 for CD-4.

オーディオ20200904-4-640.jpg

However, I was not satisfied with the operation on SQ.
National-kid taught me this forum and Surround Master V2.
Therefore, I posted on New Surround Master v2 - Pre-Order Roster Discussion Thread.
I was able to get SM v2 in August.
SM v2 worked fine with both QS and SQ.

オーディオ20200904-3-640.jpg

Hi!

My name is raku.
I Live in Osaka, Japan.

View attachment 55918

Therefore, I posted on New Surround Master v2 - Pre-Order Roster Discussion Thread.

View attachment 55919
Hello Raku!
Good to have you on the forum. I have enjoyed your previous posts & look forward to new ones. You have a nice set up and you do no wrong with the Surround Master.

My avatar is The Chief of Section 9 from Ghost in the Shell. You've probably heard of that:)

Last edited:
Hi!

My name is raku.
I Live in Osaka, Japan.

View attachment 55918

View attachment 55919
Hello again raku; nice looking gear!
Just wanted to mention that I know it was a struggle for you to get your SM and subsequent issues. Hopefully those are all resolved now. Don’t forget to let us know what music you’re playing through “The Little Blue Monster”, we love hearing about that.
Also, since I noticed you’re output knob is set at 12 o’clock, Chucky has mentioned that it will perform better turned up as high as possible without redlighting it. Have fun :)

Weeeeeelcome aboard Raku - beautiful set up ya got going there for sure. Snood jealous

You will find all kinds of awesome koo friendly peeps to bounce ideas and thoughts off of here in QQ. So be sure to post anything and anytime ya want :LB

Hello again raku; nice looking gear!
Just wanted to mention that I know it was a struggle for you to get your SM and subsequent issues. Hopefully those are all resolved now. Don’t forget to let us know what music you’re playing through “The Little Blue Monster”, we love hearing about that.
Also, since I noticed you’re output knob is set at 12 o’clock, Chucky has mentioned that it will perform better turned up as high as possible without redlighting it. Have fun :)
Hello J. PUPSTER!
I bought SM v2 for Leonard Bernstein and Pierre Boulez in the 1970s.
I also have popular quad records such as Simon & Garfunkel and John Lennon.

For CD, the input level is set at 12 o'clock
Above that, the LED lights red with 0 dB test signal.
In my system, for Vinyl, the input level is around 13 to 15 o'clock.

Hi!

My name is raku.
I Live in Osaka, Japan.

View attachment 55918

View attachment 55919
Welcome to the QQ club, raku!

Hi!

My name is raku.
I Live in Osaka, Japan.

View attachment 55918

View attachment 55919

Welcome Raku!

Hi, Thought I'd better check in after lurking for a while. Been on AK & others for a few years and since my recent acquisition & restoration of a Marantz 4270, thought I'd get started on my Quad adventure. The 4270 doesn't have the Quad module but it's all I've got right now in Quad, always on the lookout though. Appreciate all the knowledge & expertise on this site and hope to learn more as time goes on. Everyone stay safe in these strange time. :hi

Hi, Thought I'd better check in after lurking for a while. Been on AK & others for a few years and since my recent acquisition & restoration of a Marantz 4270, thought I'd get started on my Quad adventure. The 4270 doesn't have the Quad module but it's all I've got right now in Quad, always on the lookout though. Appreciate all the knowledge & expertise on this site and hope to learn more as time goes on. Everyone stay safe in these strange time. :hi

Welcome Welcome Welcome Thomas - great you let the QQ light drizzle all down your QQ self :unsure: :LB :unsure: As you already know lotta koo info and people here are super friendly and helpful fo sho :rocks Make sure to ask or post your thoughts as much as ya want tooooooooo. Welcome aboard :LB:LB:LB

Glad to have you pop up @ThomasD - are those bottle openers on the back of those Pumps in your Avatar? :cool:

Welcome @ThomasD !!

Welcome Thomas. @Snood is correct in that we are a very friendly lot on this board. Those who aren't friendly are tossed into The Gorge Of Eternal Peril. 🤣

Then you are cast into the gorge of eternal peril - Monty Python and the Holy Grail Soundboard

@Snood Appreciate that, hope some of the 'drizzle' will stick.
@J. PUPSTER Yes, bottle openers. They remind me of a pair my wife kept in the back of her closet for years, called them her 'Night Clubbing Hooker Heels':cool: Unfortunately they haven't seen the light of day in several years.
@ngv99 (y)
@ar surround & @Sonik Wiz Isn't pretty much everything associated with this audio hobby a 'Bog', 'Rabbit Hole' or money pit of some sort. But the ride into it is thrilling.

Hi quadraphonicquad,

I'm owner of Sony SQR -8750 which I received from Canada. I live in the CZech republic. :) Transport was really long and complicated. Now I do little bit restoration and reparation after transport. I'm trying to found some articles for beginers, how to get real SQ sound from my device. Any suggestions where to start? Also I wrote my first post already (How to make Sony SQR-8750 real SQ? + something else...). I hope it is Ok, after reading that somebody find the courage to white the post after 3 years reading. :) I assume You are fan to SQ, and it is ok and ssomebody spent some time to give me a hint.

Thanks a Lot

CZmok

Welcome Aboard CZ :LB :LB:LB

All the way from Czech Republic tooo.....Niiiiiice :love:

I would definitely suggest starting your own thread asking exactly what ya are looking for and start some conversation. We have quite a few peeps that may be able to help you if you Set your thread up in the Legacy gear section. Also make sure to peruse the forums tooooooo for info. :rocks

Make sure to ask and any questions you have or start any threads ya need to so we can help ya out. :LB

Back