Welcome Thread: New Members please introduce yourself here

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep I am a cash cow.

BTW to anyone....if my Sony X800 plays a multichannel FLAC or multichannel DSD file out on it's HDMI then should any 5.1 or above receiver be able to play it?
I'm guessing the Sony makes a PCM signal to output does it?

Is there a better method of extracting DVD-A, DVD-V into files than the FLAC I have been making?
Sorry if there is a better part of the forum for my questions.
There aren't many, if any, AVRs which will play multi-channel flacs from a network. So I don't have an X800 but if it can read multi-channel flac or DSD from a NAS or USB it will convert the flac to PCM and the DSD as well (if you have it set up to convert DSD to flac) and pass that over HDMI.

Another good option (only £105) is to get an ODROID-N2+ 4GB CoreELEC Edition and run Kodi on it (connects to the AVR via HDMI),
see this thread Odroid N2: How to Setup and Install Kodi | QuadraphonicQuad Home Audio Forum

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Ichiro from Japan.
It's a nice surprise because there was no like this website in my country.
The first time I came in contact with quadrophonic was a record of music and sound effects that my father listened to on Technics' 4ch system - when I'm about 11, maybe 1974. From 1980s It has been 2ch, but from 2016 I've been listening to various surround sources of rock, pop and jazz with 5.1ch system. I am enjoying it very much.
Unfortunately, the system of 1970s' does not remain, but knowledge about the equipment and sound sources is very inspiring. It takes some time to read English, I'm looking forward to reading the article.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Ichiro - very cooooool to have ya aboard the QQ train here. I think we have a couple other frequent posters that live in Japan also. Verrrrrrrrry kooooooooo :LB

You came to the right place for all the info ya need for surround sound of any kind. Looking forward to seeing you posting and asking questions or giving your thoughts. There are a lot of nice helpful people here that are always willing to help other surround fanatics out in any way.

Enjoy your stay and super happy to have ya around :LB:SB:LB

Hi, new member based in the UK. have been into surround sound music for a number of years. looked @ several forums, whilst hunting down available discs or reviews of discs. found this one to be very good, so here I am. regards, Tony.

Hi
I found this site whilst looking for info to author one of my albums in 5.1 on a budget. I've 'sort of' succeeded using Audiomuxer. No menus but hey it's free! :)
One oddity though is a missing Synth (moog taurus pedal like) bass on one of the tracks. When I listen to in the studio. Which has a 12" sub it's fine but on anything else it's almost non existent. I had it going exclusively to the Lfe at first but copied the track and put it right in the centre of the mix at low level to see if that would make a difference. It didn't. Any ideas?
'Scuse the delay after the initial sign up. Broadband problems!

Lodger Wright

Hi
I found this site whilst looking for info to author one of my albums in 5.1 on a budget. I've 'sort of' succeeded using Audiomuxer. No menus but hey it's free! :)
One oddity though is a missing Synth (moog taurus pedal like) bass on one of the tracks. When I listen to in the studio. Which has a 12" sub it's fine but on anything else it's almost non existent. I had it going exclusively to the Lfe at first but copied the track and put it right in the centre of the mix at low level to see if that would make a difference. It didn't. Any ideas?

Lodger Wright
Welcome, Mr. Wright! Glad to have you here.
If you are comfortable, PM me a tiny snippet and I can try to help you, being a mixer myself (lol).

Hallo

Looking forward to reading and giving reviews. I also might ask some noob questions LOL

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Nooooooooooooooob Questions :love: :LB :love: Now Snood has nooooooob competition asking noob questions, although Snood still is after many years of being here :unsure::unsure::LB:unsure::unsure:

Welcome aboard Ruud - for sure please do ask any and all questions - that is what we are all about helping each other here learn more about Surround Sound no matter what level you are at in getting into Surround. If not for this place QQ and asking a ton of Nooooob questions and all these awesome people answering without being snarky and sarcastic, Snood woulda probably threw up my hands and went arrrrgh. You came to the right place :LB:LB:LB:LB

Hi

Lodger Wright

Heya Lodger welcome aboard and thanks for saying Hi - As for your question, best to post it in one of the subject matter places like the Surround general or The Surround Desktop Production, Mixing and Restoration sections.

If ya do, Snood is sure that your question will get a lot more looks and answers. :LB

Back