Welcome Thread: New Members please introduce yourself here

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome aboard! We’ll be kind to you, but your bank account may complain a bit. Or more.
Yeah, I've stopped even talking to my bank account. Nag, nag, nag. "Your balance is low!" "Your balance is zero!" "You have been charged several overdraft fees!" "Put some money in your account or we'll send the Chase Punishment Squad(r) to your house!"

I swear, it's worse than my ex-wife.

Hello everyone, I'm new, I hope you'll be kind to me :)
Welcome! Now, to be 100% honest, I had a little chuckle when I saw your text. That’s because I used to work for “Children’s Hospital Pediatric Associates,” a.k.a. “CHPA.” I expect that your acronym has a different meaning. 😉

Yeah, I've stopped even talking to my bank account. Nag, nag, nag. "Your balance is low!" "Your balance is zero!" "You have been charged several overdraft fees!" "Put some money in your account or we'll send the Chase Punishment Squad(r) to your house!"

I swear, it's worse than my ex-wife.
This is a joke, btw. Just wanted to make that clear.

Nothing is worse than my ex-wife.

Hello, everyone. We are new to the forum. To put it short, we are a small group of fans across several countries that are big music fans, particularly the music of Jeff Lynne and his related projects. Our YouTube channel is all about bringing some interesting or rare music to the forefront. Included in this are some 5.1 mixes of the ELO Xanadu songs and more similar stuff in the future. Hopefully we can upload some quad mixes in the future of stuff for those here at this forum to enjoy.

Regards from the Acetaters

Hello, everyone. We are new to the forum. To put it short, we are a small group of fans across several countries that are big music fans, particularly the music of Jeff Lynne and his related projects. Our YouTube channel is all about bringing some interesting or rare music to the forefront. Included in this are some 5.1 mixes of the ELO Xanadu songs and more similar stuff in the future. Hopefully we can upload some quad mixes in the future of stuff for those here at this forum to enjoy.

A very warm welcome from a fellow ELO fan!!

We love out ‘taters here in Idaho.

Hello from Seattle Washington,
My name is Eric and I love this forum. I started collected quad gear and media in 1995. I had a Tate /Fosgate, QRX-9001, heavy 4 channel reel-to-reel deck with Quad 8 Track deck ,and other units I forgot about. Around 2001, I sold most of my Quad stuff to a friend with a massive quad collection when I left Denver. Fast Forward to 2016, I heard that Chicago was releasing their Quadio box on Blu-ray and I really wanted to hear it, So, during the pandemic, I put together a budget 5.1 system with a Yamaha receiver I got dirt cheap at Goodwill and Sony Blu-ray player. I am back loving the hobby I gave up years ago. I am not technically skilled with audio but I do Penteo and Spec upmix some of my cd's and am a Apple TV couch potato. Weekly getting multichannel through their service is great! My favorite Quad album is The Free Design's Kites Are Fun so I decided to use their name as my handle. Also, I really like Child Is The Father To The Man SACD mixed by Al Kooper. Cheers everyone who contributes to Quadraphonic Quad!

Hello from Seattle Washington,
My name is Eric and I love this forum. I started collected quad gear and media in 1995. I had a Tate /Fosgate, QRX-9001, heavy 4 channel reel-to-reel deck with Quad 8 Track deck ,and other units I forgot about. Around 2001, I sold most of my Quad stuff to a friend with a massive quad collection when I left Denver. Fast Forward to 2016, I heard that Chicago was releasing their Quadio box on Blu-ray and I really wanted to hear it, So, during the pandemic, I put together a budget 5.1 system with a Yamaha receiver I got dirt cheap at Goodwill and Sony Blu-ray player. I am back loving the hobby I gave up years ago. I am not technically skilled with audio but I do Penteo and Spec upmix some of my cd's and am a Apple TV couch potato. Weekly getting multichannel through their service is great! My favorite Quad album is The Free Design's Kites Are Fun so I decided to use their name as my handle. Also, I really like Child Is The Father To The Man SACD mixed by Al Kooper. Cheers everyone who contributes to Quadraphonic Quad!
Welcome to the forum!

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for having me, I love that forums like this exist!

I am here for a specific purpose: to discuss my late grandfathers' Harman Kardon Model 8+ Stereo/Quad Eight Track Deck.

I'll be posting more about it later and I'm thrilled to have a place to discuss!

Thanks again,

- Gabe

I give a two thumbs up (y)(y) to the HK 8+ q8 player. It's a keeper. I have one(actually had another years ago). You can search to find other comments about the 8+.

Hi guys, also the new guy here. :)
Loving surround, but not that knowledgeable, but am very fond of SACD whenever I can get my hands on one.
Personal interests are photographing (from oldstyle analog to modern digital), and discovering and programming sounds for music (synthplayer/programmer.

Hi guys, also the new guy here. :)
Loving surround, but not that knowledgeable, but am very fond of SACD whenever I can get my hands on one.
Personal interests are photographing (from oldstyle analog to modern digital), and discovering and programming sounds for music (synthplayer/programmer.
My equipment is a 5,1 system concisting of an Onkyo TX-NR969 Reciever, Klipsch speakers, in front Klipsch RF-52 II, back Klipsch R14M, Sub Klipsch R8SW and center: Dali Fazon Mikro Vokal, and a Onkyo DV-SP504E SACD-player, a Panasonic DP-UB450EG-K Blu-ray player, and a LG 55" UK6470PLC.

Quick question, as I learn to navigate the forum... Is there a "best" place to post about this deck or should I try and revive the old thread that led me here?
Hiya Grandpa and welcome aboard - I would put your new thread on your Quad 8 track perhaps in this section here - Quadraphonic Hardware

Quad Hardware section - in the legacy Equipment department.

Hope that helps and sorry for the late reply - Please feel free to post and ask any and all questions - lotta Quad Tapeheads here that are more than willing to help :LB

Back