Welcome Thread: New Members please introduce yourself here

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, also the new guy here. :)
Loving surround, but not that knowledgeable, but am very fond of SACD whenever I can get my hands on one.
Personal interests are photographing (from oldstyle analog to modern digital), and discovering and programming sounds for music (synthplayer/programmer.
Welcome aboard Studio glad ya found us - lotsa koo stuff here to peruse and aske questions and stuff.

SACDs rock!!!! :QQlove

Just joined up. I've been a collector of DVD-A, SACD, and Blu-ray-audio discs for years. I treasure my Beatles, Who, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Jethro Tull, Steven Wilson, Moody Blues, Gentle Giant, and Yes multi-channel sets. My system isn't the best, but it's a work in progress. Looking forward to hearing about other cool 5.1 nuggets to wrap my ears around. Counting down the days for when the 'Animals' remix drops. :)

Hi. I'm from Brazil.
I don't have a pretty good system but i love my music in surround 5.1. Once I got in I never looked back.

I own an LG LHB645N 10000W.
An entry level system but it does the trick for me.
Just joined up. I've been a collector of DVD-A, SACD, and Blu-ray-audio discs for years. I treasure my Beatles, Who, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Jethro Tull, Steven Wilson, Moody Blues, Gentle Giant, and Yes multi-channel sets. My system isn't the best, but it's a work in progress. Looking forward to hearing about other cool 5.1 nuggets to wrap my ears around. Counting down the days for when the 'Animals' remix drops. :)

Welcome aboard yall fellow QQers now :LB :SB :LB Glad ya found us and yes you will find more nuggets for your earhole Perry :giggle: Ctelo - hey whatever does the trick for surround is awesome, Snood stills has an antiquated system, but it still does a good job on getting the surround through :QQlove Been meaning to get up my new system , but not enough spare time nowadays.

Make sure yall ask any and all questions you might have - even if you think they are nooby qusteions - that is how Snood learned and these peeps were always friendly and answered them without any snobbishness. QQ Rox \o/:QQlove

Hi
I am a new member, but seasoned audiophile, 95% listen to analog formats. I discovered classic quadraphonic sound recently, after getting the idea to finally hear my old quad copy of Dark Side of The Moon, which I knew for 40 years it was quad, but never tried it as such. I got a Sansui QRX-5001 (I am a Sansui fan, since then also got the 6001) and was shocked at the level of quality careful quadraphonic setup can provide. I have a new appreciation for all the wonderful sound engineers and producers of the 70's who were producing such high quality recordings, and most of it was unknown to the general public because I guess very few people at the time managed (or bothered) to get a proper quad setup. I listened to a lot of high-end music systems, but nothing had such an impact on me as having heard what a proper quadraphonic setup can do to the spatial immersion into the musical event captured on the record. I also tried Pro Logic/DTS stuff previously, but was never happy with the performance on vinyl (was never designed for that, too low channel separation on records). So, here I am. I am listening to CD-4 as well, and because I have a lot of cartridges and turntables this was one fun experience figuring out what works and what does not.

Hi
I am a new member, but seasoned audiophile, 95% listen to analog formats. I discovered classic quadraphonic sound recently, after getting the idea to finally hear my old quad copy of Dark Side of The Moon, which I knew for 40 years it was quad, but never tried it as such. I got a Sansui QRX-5001 (I am a Sansui fan, since then also got the 6001) and was shocked at the level of quality careful quadraphonic setup can provide. I have a new appreciation for all the wonderful sound engineers and producers of the 70's who were producing such high quality recordings, and most of it was unknown to the general public because I guess very few people at the time managed (or bothered) to get a proper quad setup. I listened to a lot of high-end music systems, but nothing had such an impact on me as having heard what a proper quadraphonic setup can do to the spatial immersion into the musical event captured on the record. I also tried Pro Logic/DTS stuff previously, but was never happy with the performance on vinyl (was never designed for that, too low channel separation on records). So, here I am. I am listening to CD-4 as well, and because I have a lot of cartridges and turntables this was one fun experience figuring out what works and what does not.
Welcome aboard Quad D! Nice self intro. I too am a big Sansui fan even tho I don't currently have any of their in the system at present. But the Vario-Matrix lives on in the new Involve Surround Master that you will most likely run across here.

If you wish there is a place in your profile to list all your system gear & other misc stuff. Strictly optional but it does come in handy if you post a problem/question & someone wants to help.

Looking forward to checking out your future posts!

Hi
Welcome in Quad D, you definitely belong here!

Mind if I ask what area of the globe you're in?

And we'd love a full rundown (as SW mentioned above) of your setup, especially CD-4.

Welcome in Quad D, you definitely belong here!

Mind if I ask what area of the globe you're in?

And we'd love a full rundown (as SW mentioned above) of your setup, especially CD-4.
Quad is so much fun...... My CD-4 setup is Sansui FR-D3 turntable, modified (vibration decoupling) with Shure M24H cartridge. Decoder is Sansui QRX-6001 built-in decoder, separation adjusted with test record and fine tuning by ears. The cartridges that also work are Grace F-9 with Soundsmith stylus (greatest separation of them all, but rather low output outside CD-4 mode), AT VM540ML (great tracking of worn CD-4 carrier) and also AT VM95SH. To my surprise Shure V15 III with VN35E also tracks CD-4, and also V15 VST-V, but both with slightly less separation. That was tested on Sansui SR-4050 which has great tonearm (Acos Lustre GSt1). And quad Grado's......I struggled to get them to work until I suspected standard connection (per Grado instructions) inverts absolute phase and reverts front and back. After I reversed wires, I got Grado F-1+ to decode CD-4 fine on Rega P6. I am still not sure what is happening here, I tried on the Sansui's also and same problem with reversed front and back, it does not happen with other cartridges. I will investigate more.

Hi
Prepare to “tighten your seatbelt” when you start diving into some of more well mixed Atmos materials!

Prepare to “tighten your seatbelt” when you start diving into some of more well mixed Atmos materials!
I did not get to digital surround yet, still stuck on analog. :) What is the prevailing source of Atmos encoded (music) material?

Apple Music has a lot of Atmos material to sample through Apple TV. Apple refers to it as spatial audio.
Can one play Apple spatial audio through the speakers? I am not very familiar with this, but will look it up.

Welcome aboard Quad D! Nice self intro. I too am a big Sansui fan even tho I don't currently have any of their in the system at present. But the Vario-Matrix lives on in the new Involve Surround Master that you will most likely run across here.

If you wish there is a place in your profile to list all your system gear & other misc stuff. Strictly optional but it does come in handy if you post a problem/question & someone wants to help.

Looking forward to checking out your future posts!
Thanks! I posted my music system in profile, at least most of the important bits.

Can one play Apple spatial audio through the speakers? I am not very familiar with this, but will look it up.
I play it through my home theater set up. Have an additional set of height speakers in front. It’s also possible to do with just an Atmos capable sound bar and a sub! I’ve tested some in stores and they work very well!

I play it through my home theater set up. Have an additional set of height speakers in front. It’s also possible to do with just an Atmos capable sound bar and a sub! I’ve tested some in stores and they work very well!
So, Apple Spatial audio is compatible with Dolby Pro Logic, you can use it outside of the Apple system? Does it sound the same, or the effect is reduced?
No more questions, I promise.

Back