Welcome Thread: New Members please introduce yourself here

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, just having joined I am wondering how Polls are initiated, for example I would like to see a poll for the King Crimson On (and Off) The Road box as I have just purchased this and am working my way thorough the many discs and formats.

Jonathan @sjcorne is our moderator adding polls to the hires section. He will get an alert about your post here by quoting his member name.

Welcome to QQ!
Thank you! One thing I've been excited to share is that I think I figured out many of the issues with the 5.1 mix of Oasis's (What's the Story) Morning Glory?. I was thinking of linking my Reddit post here about it, but I'm thinking this isn't the proper place for it, and I think it'll balloon my comment exponentially if it shows the entire Reddit post here if I linked it. XD

Hi, just having joined I am wondering how Polls are initiated, for example I would like to see a poll for the King Crimson On (and Off) The Road box as I have just purchased this and am working my way thorough the many discs and formats.
Jonathan @sjcorne is our moderator adding polls to the hires section. He will get an alert about your post here by quoting his member name.
Is there enough additional surround content exclusive to the On (and off) The Road set to merit a dedicated poll thread? We already have separate polls for Discipline, Beat, and Three Of A Perfect Pair.

Hello everyone! My name is Adam and I'm from Poland. I've been a surround sound lover for 17 years - that's when I bought my first 5.1 system. Now I'm trying to expand my current equipment with ceiling speakers, because I have some discs with the Dolby Atmos track.
I like a lot of different music (mainly rock). I don't use streaming yet, I prefer physical media. My surround disc collection (DVD, DVD-Audio, SACD, BD-Audio) is already quite large (Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, Marillion, Genesis, King Crimson, Katatonia, Opeth, Depeche Mode, xPropaganda, Riverside, Jethro Tull , The Pieapple Thief, David Bowie, Bryan Ferry, Dream Theater, Ayreon, Anathema, Blackfield, No-Man, The Beatles, Yes, Rick Wakeman, Magenta, Renaissance, Mary Fahl, A Bad Think, Loreena McKennitt, Nick Cave, Dire Straits, R.E.M. Sting and many, many more).
I often visit this forum and I admit that I have purchased a few items after reading the posts posted here.
If you want to ask if it's worth buying some discs that I have - I'll be happy to answer.

Is there enough additional surround content exclusive to the On (and off) The Road set to merit a dedicated poll thread? We already have separate polls for Discipline, Beat, and Three Of A Perfect Pair.
Good question. Just checking the back of the box and there is wealth of ancillary material that constitutes this release package. The primary albums appear across 9 discs in CD, DVD-A and Blu Ray versions, with 10 more discs of material. I would say yes if considering the entire package.

Hello everyone. Finally decided to become an official member. I remember Quad in the Seventies but could not afford the extra equipment. A few years back I purchased some Quad SACD's from DV because they were offering twofers by Charlie Rich and Paul Revere and the Raiders. About six months later I realized I now had the pieces to assemble a Quad system. In addition to two Sony AV receivers and four speakers I also owned a Yamaha DVD/SACD 5-disc changer. What a revelation! I have been hooked ever since and started buying more SACD's from DV, CDJapan, Acoustic Sounds and various record stores. I am seriously considering the Sound Master V3 after reading about it on QQ. So SQ LP's are on my shopping list when I hit the used record stores.

Sam

Hello everyone. Finally decided to become an official member. I remember Quad in the Seventies but could not afford the extra equipment. A few years back I purchased some Quad SACD's from DV because they were offering twofers by Charlie Rich and Paul Revere and the Raiders. About six months later I realized I now had the pieces to assemble a Quad system. In addition to two Sony AV receivers and four speakers I also owned a Yamaha DVD/SACD 5-disc changer. What a revelation! I have been hooked ever since and started buying more SACD's from DV, CDJapan, Acoustic Sounds and various record stores. I am seriously considering the Sound Master V3 after reading about it on QQ. So SQ LP's are on my shopping list when I hit the used record stores.

Sam
Welcome in QuadEyes!

As an Involve SMv2 owner myself, I've really been loving my Quad adventure of the last few years, and appreciate the Involve team's presence and support here on the QQ.

One suggestion is to make sure and check any Poll threads for LP quad ratings, or ask the forum (and especially for SQ) as the mixes combined with the systems encoded to; can vary wildly. The thing that makes Dutton Vocalion/Epoch so wonderful, is that you get the best surround possible from the master tapes in a clean Hi-Res. format, and Michael Dutton is a Wizard (aka- Wizard of Watford) in mastering them.

Sam
Welcome aboard! We’ll help your wallet lose weight, no doubt about it. 😀

Hi everyone, my name is Lee and I have been a surround FREAK! ever since I got into the AV market back in the late 90's. Love Multichannel recordings and have collected many over the years on formats such as DVD-A, DVD, Blu Ray, and SACD. I've also found this forum a useful source of informative information over the years to check out some of the latest surround releases...

Hi everyone, my name is Lee and I have been a surround FREAK! ever since I got into the AV market back in the late 90's. Love Multichannel recordings and have collected many over the years on formats such as DVD-A, DVD, Blu Ray, and SACD. I've also found this forum a useful source of informative information over the years to check out some of the latest surround releases...

Hi Lee. And welcome. Look forward to your participation

This thread replaces the old "New Members Only!! (Members who have never posted)" thread, which got to be a little on the LARGE side!

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...bers-only-members-who-have-never-posted.2843/
Hello all, and happy holidaze..
I've been a lurker here for several years, and thought it time to join the club.
I'm old enough to have been around for Quad the first time around, but too young to have had a system. I do have some Quad LPs but no means to hear them properly.
Several years ago I put together a 5.1 system, primarily for Video. Since then I have slowly been acquiring Multichannel audio. Luckily my musical tastes are Prog Rock(SW mixes), Fusion-(Columbia artists: Miles, Santana, Herbie Hancock, etc.).
Still impatiently waiting for: Zappa, Steely Dan, Joni Mitchell...
Peace

Hello all, and happy holidaze..
I've been a lurker here for several years, and thought it time to join the club.
I'm old enough to have been around for Quad the first time around, but too young to have had a system. I do have some Quad LPs but no means to hear them properly.
Several years ago I put together a 5.1 system, primarily for Video. Since then I have slowly been acquiring Multichannel audio. Luckily my musical tastes are Prog Rock(SW mixes), Fusion-(Columbia artists: Miles, Santana, Herbie Hancock, etc.).
Still impatiently waiting for: Zappa, Steely Dan, Joni Mitchell...
Peace
Collections are always a work in progress. Welcome to the pit. We will help you spend your money, never a doubt about that!

Back