Well I dreamed I saw the silver spaceships flying.. (Matrix Titles)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh, QS4D? For real? Is that QS with ultrasonic carriers? OK, I get it it, somebody is darn good in PhotoShop. (I'd buy that new Sansui receiver in a heartbeat, though!)
BUT, is the Japanese album for real? Wow, I had forgotten what the RM logo looked like! Great find!
TB

Uh, QS4D? For real? Is that QS with ultrasonic carriers? OK, I get it it, somebody is darn good in PhotoShop. (I'd buy that new Sansui receiver in a heartbeat, though!)
BUT, is the Japanese album for real? Wow, I had forgotten what the RM logo looked like! Great find!
TB

The pictures in this thread are all "dreams". We wished upon a star and all we got were jpegs! :D

Oh, like my Billy Preston quad 45 remake of "Will it go Round in Circles?" called "it WILL Go Round in Circles!". But that IS the real RM logo, isn't it? I swear I've seen it somewhere before...Tb

Found this at a local record store today while Christmas shopping. Boy, talk about market penetration.

Susan%20Boyle%20Quad.JPG

I want this one!!!!:banana:

1977 or 78 would have been great years to attempt a last gasp re-launch of Quad.....if Sansui had the balls (...and finances) to go full on again promoting QS and Quad (...or even a new Discrete format, as I illustrated on my little fantasy above) now that the other formats had fallen to the wayside. The G series receivers brush up very nice as Quad units, and if they did a really amazing remix on ( ....and launched it with) something as popular at the time as Saturday Night Fever (...or Rumours, or Bat Out Of Hell...etc), it might have just worked....or at least given us a few more funky quad receivers to collect.....:)

By this time, many of the record labels that had given quad a shot had ceased production of the format. With the plethora of multi-track masters being produced, remixing for quad would be easy, but the trick would have been for Sansui to convince these companies to give it another try, not to mention give them incentives to use QS as the matrix of choice. I would have liked to see it, especially since I feel QS was a better system than SQ. CD-4 still presented too many problems to get decent, distortion-free playback on most systems. I think a QS4D format would have been possible, pipe-dream though it is.

Back