Well I dreamed I saw the silver spaceships flying.. (Q4/Q8 Titles)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually fixed the vocals earlier today. The part where the vocal comes in early, I just added a .4 tenths of a second of silence and that moved everything (to my ears) into place. For the very final "I'm stayin' aliiiiiiiiiiiive" portion, I just flew one in from earlier in the track, timed it right so now I have vocals all the way to the point where I can fade it and actually run the full 4:45 runtime of the stereo cut.

I actually fixed the vocals earlier today. The part where the vocal comes in early, I just added a .4 tenths of a second of silence and that moved everything (to my ears) into place. For the very final "I'm stayin' aliiiiiiiiiiiive" portion, I just flew one in from earlier in the track, timed it right so now I have vocals all the way to the point where I can fade it and actually run the full 4:45 runtime of the stereo cut.

very neat solution! I'll bet it sounds amazing!! (y)

I have a little bit of bad news on the Jammit front: the stems do not include all parts of each song. I've discovered on close listening that so far, every song I've downloaded has a few things missing from the stems. Usually electric lead flourishes that add character to the song. These parts are included on what Jammit calls the "Band" track, but this track includes everything that is not on the practice stem. So, if you are listening to the guitar practice stems, for example, the Band track will have vocals, drums and bass (and keyboards if present.) However, the Band track also has a few additional guitar parts (usually electric lead) that are not found on the 2 guitar practice stems. The songs still sound very good without these parts and it took a few listens before I realized something was missing. Right now I'm trying to see if it is possible to recover some of these parts from the Band track. It will take a lot of careful editing and some things will just not be recoverable.

Breathing New Life into an old thread, I thought I would include one of my favorite albums:

DiscoTexQuad.jpg

This album would be the cats ass in Quad! There's so much going on in the stereo mix - even some ping-ponging instruments! There's horns, stereo handclaps, crowd noise, congas, percussion, drums, organs, guitars and layers of vocals! In my mind, this could be an active and fun mix. If you're unfamiliar with this album, it is filled with some good old FUN music. It's not even necessarily disco as it's got nuances of jazz, funk, Rhythm & Blues and a cameo appearance by Freddie Cannon. You simply can't be in a bad mood after blasting this one.

I've actually emailed Monti Rock to see if the multitracks still exist. Still waiting on a reply.

Why The Wall in red? I've always seen black... unless it was delivered by The Woman In Red (but that's another story...). Was it released somewhere with the red lettering?

Definitely Bat out of Hell! Could you imagine if it'd come just a year sooner? Columbia was still releasing Quad in '76 and heck, why wouldn't they release something they considered obscure and non-commercial like Bat? They'd pulled that stunt many times before!

Here's an new updated "dream Q8" for the Google search engines to find, so that 10 years from now when some poor Google'r searches for a Badfinger 8-Track, this image will show up in the Google Images results which will really mess that dude(t) up!

Apple No Dice 2.jpg

Here's an new updated "dream Q8" for the Google search engines to find, so that 10 years from now when some poor Google'r searches for a Badfinger 8-Track, this image will show up in the Google Images results which will really mess that dude(t) up!

View attachment 51315

:ROFLMAO: Yeah, he'll be giving that Urban guy "his" bad finger; when he figures out it's bogus :oops:

Back